- 9 min ago Tata H2X (Hornbill) Launching Soon — Next SUV After The Tata Buzzard
- 18 min ago Volvo More Than 5 lakh Cars Across The Globe As Risk Of Fire Has Been Detected
- 1 hr ago Hyundai India To Hike Prices Across Its Entire Range — Will Receive New Safety Regulations Update
- 17 hrs ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Recalled To Replace Faulty Brake Component — Is Your Motorcycle Involved?
- News Steel magnate Lakshmi Mittal's brother held in Bosnia for suspected fraud
- Movies When Shahid Kapoor Felt DISRESPECTED As An Actor!
- Travel Monsoon-Perfect Beaches Other Than Goa
- Finance L&T Shares Dips 2 Per Cent Despite Good Results
- Sports Sourav Ganguly slams India team selection for the tour of West Indies
- Technology Honor 9X And 9X Pro Launched With Pop-Up Camera, Kirin 810, And More
- Lifestyle Malaria Parasites Become Resistant To Anti-malaria Drugs: Result Failure In Treatment
- Education Chandrayaan 2: Free Online Courses In Aerospace Engineering Offered By HRD Ministry's Swayam Portal
Hyundai's new SUV, the Hyundai Venue is expected to a huge success in the Indian markets, and Hyundai says they are equipped to produce units to meet high demands. Hyundai prepped for up to 9000 units a month.
Puneet Anand, Senior General Manager and Group Head-Marketing, Hyundai Motor India, said, "We are definitely looking at a volume of around eight to nine thousand a month for the Venue, to start off with. I am sure this will be received very well and will redefine the way people have been looking at the sub-4 meter segment. As more consumers want more, we will definitely augment, our production will ramp up." The statement came during the official unveiling aboard a cruise-liner making her way from Mumbai to Goa.
The South Korean based auto giant has been keeping the Venue in the limelight with a set of teaser videos for a while now. The videos show the Venue going through multi-locations tests across India. Last week, Hyundai released official images of the SUV on a billboard at Times Square. Sometime before that, Hyundai released official sketches of the Venue giving us a peak of the interiors of the vehicle.
Hyundai will launch three variants of the Venue in India. The first is a 1.0-litre T-GDI. This is the first time a T-GDI engine will be launched in India. The engine is a three-cylinder turbo-charged petrol that produces 120PS of power and 172Nm of torque. This engine is mated to 6-speed manual transmission. A 7-speed automatic transmission is also in the offering.
The second a 1.2-litre MPI. This is a four-cylinder petrol that produces 83PS of power and 115Nm of torque. The 1.2-litre engine is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. The third variant features a 1.4-litre CRDi turbo-charged four-cylinder diesel engine that produces 90PS of power and 220Nm of torque. The CRDi engine is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission.
The Hyundai Venue features sleek LED DRLs, a dual-tone interior, and diamond-cut alloy wheels. The highlight feature however is the Bluelink system. This system will use an embedded Vodafone-Idea SIM card for its wireless connectivity. The Bluelink system will allow for real-time navigation, ego-fencing, a remote engine immobilizer and an RSA button among others. To know more about the Bluelink system, click here.
"We are offering the first connected SUV to a young audience, 25-30 years of age, who don't treat car just as mobility, they treat car as their third space. Outside of workplaces and homes, I think a car is the place where they party together, enjoy together, connect together, connect with their family, share feelings and thoughts.", Anand added when asked about the Bluelink technology in the Hyundai Venue.
The Hyundai Venue is scheduled for a launch on 21 May 2019. While we have no confirmation about the price of the Venue, we expect it to be priced between Rs 8 lakh and Rs 12 lakh.
Thoughts On The Production Capacity For The Hyundai Venue
This may be one of the few times that an auto manufacturer may be able to pull off supply for demand. There is usually a waiting period before a customer get a car. If Hyundai can achieve a situation where the demand is met with the same quantity of supply within a very short period of time, the Venue might just become the highest selling Hyundai of all time.