- 12 hrs ago Hyundai India Exports Over 5,000 Cars In May After Resuming Operations
- 13 hrs ago Volkswagen T-Roc Start Arriving At Dealerships Post Lockdown: Deliveries To Commence Soon
- 15 hrs ago MG ZS EV Bookings To Reopen On June 1: Will Be Introduced In Six New Cities
- 17 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV: Expected Launch Date, Prices, Specs, Features & Rivals Explained
- Technology Redmi Note 9 Pro Max Review: Worth Every Extra Dime
- Sports Bayern Munich 5-0 Fortuna Dusseldorf: Champions move 10 points clear
- Movies Soorarai Pottru Will Release In Theaters, Confirms Suriya!
- News MEA lists Vande Bharat mission, COVID medical supplies to 154 countries among key achievements
- Lifestyle Natural Remedies And Simple Tricks To Stop Hiccups
- Finance These Stocks Have Outdone Nifty's Fall In March; Gained Up To 78% During Lockdown
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The first spy-shots of the upcoming Hyundai Verna facelift have surfaced on the Internet. This is the mid-life facelift for the fifth-generation Hyundai Verna that was launched towards the latter end of 2017 in the Indian market.
The Hyundai Verna is one of the best-selling cars in the Indian market and the third best-selling car in the C-segment. The sales of the sedan only increased in 2018 after the new-generation was launched.
Now, Hyundai is looking to keep the verna's competitiveness up by launching a facelift. The fifth-generation Hyundai Verna was first launched in the Chinese market in 2016 and only came to India a year later in 2017.
Hyundai will be following the same approach with the facelifted Verna too, by launching it in China later this year and it will finally make it to the Indian market only in the later half of 2020. Details of the facelift are scarce.
The spyshot shows the Hyundai Verna facelift in a heavily camouflaged avatar. This isn't even the vinyl camouflage that one usually finds on upcoming cars, but the tarpaulin-like material heavily conceals the front and rear end.
This only makes it obvious that a majority of the changes are to the front and rear ends only. The small gap up front in the camouflage for the headlamp reveals LED headlamps. It is safe to assume that the entire front end will see a change in design.
Up front, the facelifted Hyundai Verna will come with a redesigned bumper, bonnet and character lines on the fenders as well. Yet another design addition would be the inclusion of Hyundai's new grille design which has been seen on the new Hyundai Elantra. A similar grille would soon be seen on all of Hyundai's upcoming cars.
At the rear, a change in bumper design is inevitable. The wire antenna on the roof has been replaced by a shark-fin antenna. The Hyundai Verna is currently powered by 1.4-litre and 1.6-litre petrol and diesel engines.
These engines however would not drive the facelifted Verna as they would not be able to meet BS-VI emissions norms. The new facelifted Hyundai Verna will be powered by 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines with varying power and torque outputs. Buyers can also choose between manual and automatic gearboxes.
The interiors too would be refreshed with new materials and a new infotainment system, possibly a redesigned dashboard as well.
Thoughts On Hyundai Verna Facelift
Hyundai has found a method to keep the customers flowing in - regular updates and facelifts. The Hyundai Verna has been one of the best-sellers for the Korean car manufacturer. Updates and facelifts have kept it going strong and it is selling like never before. With the new facelift coming up, Hyundai will surely sell the Verna brand even more than before.
Image Source: Bitauto