- 22 hrs ago Continental Displays Futuristic Mobility Technologies And We Ride Their Electric Scooter
- 1 day ago Honda Activa 125 BS-VI Vs Honda Activa 125 — How Different Is The New BS-VI Model From The Current?
- 1 day ago Escape The Ordinary — Tales From Tawang
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield 500cc Bikes See Massive Drop In Sales — The 650 Twins’ Effect
- News NIA all set to get more powerful with two key amendments
- Technology Samsung Launches A New Galaxy Tab In India with 2K Super AMOLED Display
- Finance Viral Acharya Quits As RBI's Deputy Governor: Report
- Sports Colombia 1 Paraguay 0: Cuellar strike seals Copa America win for fringe stars
- Movies Dance India Dance 7: Kareena Kapoor Gets BIG Welcome On Small Screen; Fans Trend #KareenaKeSaathDID7
- Lifestyle Malaika Arora Or Sonakshi Sinha: Whose Ethnic Suit Would You Choose For Your Wardrobe?
- Education Qualified In JEE Advanced? Top Institutes Students Can Consider Other Than IITs
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
The first spy-shots of the upcoming Hyundai Verna facelift have surfaced on the Internet. This is the mid-life facelift for the fifth-generation Hyundai Verna that was launched towards the latter end of 2017 in the Indian market.
The Hyundai Verna is one of the best-selling cars in the Indian market and the third best-selling car in the C-segment. The sales of the sedan only increased in 2018 after the new-generation was launched.
Now, Hyundai is looking to keep the verna's competitiveness up by launching a facelift. The fifth-generation Hyundai Verna was first launched in the Chinese market in 2016 and only came to India a year later in 2017.
Hyundai will be following the same approach with the facelifted Verna too, by launching it in China later this year and it will finally make it to the Indian market only in the later half of 2020. Details of the facelift are scarce.
The spyshot shows the Hyundai Verna facelift in a heavily camouflaged avatar. This isn't even the vinyl camouflage that one usually finds on upcoming cars, but the tarpaulin-like material heavily conceals the front and rear end.
This only makes it obvious that a majority of the changes are to the front and rear ends only. The small gap up front in the camouflage for the headlamp reveals LED headlamps. It is safe to assume that the entire front end will see a change in design.
Up front, the facelifted Hyundai Verna will come with a redesigned bumper, bonnet and character lines on the fenders as well. Yet another design addition would be the inclusion of Hyundai's new grille design which has been seen on the new Hyundai Elantra. A similar grille would soon be seen on all of Hyundai's upcoming cars.
At the rear, a change in bumper design is inevitable. The wire antenna on the roof has been replaced by a shark-fin antenna. The Hyundai Verna is currently powered by 1.4-litre and 1.6-litre petrol and diesel engines.
These engines however would not drive the facelifted Verna as they would not be able to meet BS-VI emissions norms. The new facelifted Hyundai Verna will be powered by 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines with varying power and torque outputs. Buyers can also choose between manual and automatic gearboxes.
The interiors too would be refreshed with new materials and a new infotainment system, possibly a redesigned dashboard as well.
Thoughts On Hyundai Verna Facelift
Hyundai has found a method to keep the customers flowing in - regular updates and facelifts. The Hyundai Verna has been one of the best-sellers for the Korean car manufacturer. Updates and facelifts have kept it going strong and it is selling like never before. With the new facelift coming up, Hyundai will surely sell the Verna brand even more than before.
Image Source: Bitauto