- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso India Launch Confirmed For The 30th Of September: Details & Specs
- 1 day ago Benling Aura Electric Scooter Launching In September: Will Rival The Ather 450 In India
- 1 day ago Kia Seltos Top Features: Here Are The Key Features Available On The Kia Seltos SUV
- 1 day ago Maruti XL6 Official Accessories Launched: Gets Roof Spoiler, Carpet Mats & More!
- News G7 Summit: Modi to meet Donald Trump today, What to expect?
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Note10 And Note10 Plus Accessories: Best Cases And Covers to Buy In India
- Sports India vs West Indies: Highlights: Rahane and Bumrah torment West Indies as India seal first Test in clinical fashion
- Movies Hrithik Roshan: Entertainment Value Of A Film Is Most Important For Me
- Lifestyle LFW W/F 2019 Day Five: Genelia D’ Souza Gives Us The Best Showstopper Moment With This Red Lehenga
- Finance Gold Scales To Rs. 38,600 On Fed Powell Comments And Grim Trade War Outlook
- Education NTA To Conduct JNU Entrance Test JNUET In May 2020
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The waiting period for the Hyundai Venue now stands between 6-8 weeks according to information from multiple dealerships. This is just enough information to call the Hyundai Venue a success in the Indian market.
Hyundai had received over 15,000 bookings for the Venue even before it was launched and the number only went up after its launch. Dealers have now confirmed that the waiting period for the Hyundai Venue stretches out to nearly two months.
The automotive industry saw a dip in sales during the month of May 2019 and industry experts are calling it the worst dip that the industry has seen in 18 years. Major automobile manufacturers including Mahindra, Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors have temporarily stopped production owing to low demand.
The Hyundai Venue however has risen up amidst the slowdown and is doing wonders for Hyundai. The Hyundai Venue was launched on 21 May, 2019 at a starting price of Rs 6.5 lakh for the base E variant.
Prices went up to Rs 11.10 lakh for the top spec SX+ variant. It is this pricing that played a huge role in helping the Hyundai Venue do so well in the Indian market. The Hyundai Venue has been made available with two petrol and one diesel engine options.
The sole diesel engine is a 1.4-litre, four-cylinder turbo-diesel with a maximum power output of 89bhp and a peak torque output of 220bhp. This is mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox. One of the petrol engines is a 1.2-litre four-cylinder naturally-aspirated unit with a maximum power output of 83bhp and a peak torque output of 115Nm. This is mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
The 1.2 petrol and 1.4 diesel are engines that were already on sale in the Indian market in the i20 Elite and the Creta respectively. There is yet another petrol engine that has just made its debut in the Hyundai Venue and is expected to be seen in other Hyundai cars soon.
It is a 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder turbo-petrol engine with a maximum power output of 120bhp and a peak torque output of 170Nm. Along with the new engine, a new 7-speed DCT gearbox too made its debut.
Our dealer sources have revealed that the S and SX+ variants with this new engine and gearbox combination is the one that is seeing the highest demand. This is closely followed by demand for the diesel powered variants.
The top-spec variants of the Hyundai Venue come equipped with an 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment unit with Hyundai's BlueLink connectivity suite. Sound is reproduced by a premium Arkamys audio system. The Hyundai venue also comes with leather seats, automatic climate control, wireless mobile phone charging, a sunroof, six airbags, ABS with EBD and ESC.
Thoughts On Hyundai Venue In High-Demand With 2 Months Waiting Period
With extremely competitive pricing like this, it is little surprise that the Hyundai Venue was received very well in the Indian market. Indians love SUVs, and what Hyundai offered to us with the Venue was a value-for money SUV with top-notch build-quality and top of the line features. It was obvious that the sales would go to the next level.