- 7 hrs ago Skoda Karoq And Kamiq SUV India Launch Timeline Confirmed
- 7 hrs ago Deliveries Of The Ducati Panigale V4 R Begin In India
- 10 hrs ago Mahindra Bolero Pick-Up Range Crosses 15 Lakh Production Units Milestone
- 10 hrs ago Suzuki Jimny India Launch Confirmed For Late-2019: Might Be Rebadged As Gypsy For Indian Market
- Technology Most Trending Samsung Smartphones – Galaxy Note10, Galaxy A50, Galaxy A90 And More
- News IRCTC offers 5-day tour to Kanyakumari, Rameswaram and Madurai; details here
- Sports Vinay Kumar bids adieu to Karnataka; joins Puducherry
- Movies RIP Khayyam: Lata Mangeshkar, Javed Akhtar, PM Modi Tweet Condolence Messages
- Lifestyle What Are Happy Hormones And 7 Natural Ways To Boost Them
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Finance FASTags Mandatory For Toll Payment On Highways Starting December 1
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
South Korean carmaker Hyundai is set to launch its newly unveiled Venue compact SUV in India on the 21st of May. However, Hyundai is continuing to test its first-ever sub-4-metre compact SUV ahead of its launch and the Venue has been seen undisguised for the very first time on Indian roads in the video below that was uploaded by youtube channel BMC HD Videos.
The totally undisguised Hyundai Venue was seen cruising on the highway and the SUV looks quite good while doing it. The Hyundai Venue was unveiled at the New York Auto Show on the 17th of April, with the Indian version of the SUV being revealed a few hours later. There is a slight difference between the US and Indian versions of the SUV with the one arriving in India featuring more body cladding all around the car as can be seen in the video above.
The Hyundai Venue for India will be offered with three engine choices when it launches on May 21. The base petrol engine is a 1.2-litre four-cylinder unit that produces 82bhp and 114Nm of peak torque. The engine is paired with a 5-speed manual gearbox. The only diesel engine in the Venue range displaces 1.4-litres and cranks out 89bhp and 220Nm of peak torque. The diesel engine is offered with a 6-speed manual transmission.
The most potent powerplant to be fitted under the bonnet of the new Hyundai Venue is also the smallest displacing only a litre. The three-cylinder 1.0-litre engine however features turbocharging and pushes out 112bhp and 172Nm of torque. The turbo three-cylinder engine is paired with either a 6-speed manual gearbox or an all-new 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.
With its rather boxy shape mixed with Hyundai's fluidic design language, the Venue looks rather unique despite the fact that the overall sillouhette will remind owners of the larger Creta.
Like its larger sibling the Hyundai Venue comes packed with features like a sunroof and a large touchscreen infotainment display that plays host to what makes the Venue India's first connected SUV along with wireless phone charging, auto headlights and rain-sensing wipers. The connected car BlueLink features include car tracking, geo fencing and speed alerts among many others. The Venue also comes packed with safety features like multiple airbags (up to 6) ABS with EBD, traction control and hill hold assist among many others.