- 3 hrs ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 1 day ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 2 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- Sports I-League 2019-20: NFC 1-0 AFC: Neroca prevail in the first Northeastern Derby of the season
- News 6-year-old locked up, raped in a community hall bathroom in Kolkata
- Movies Actor Ayushmann Khurrana Finds Imperfect Characters To Be The Most Real
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A31 Color Options Revealed: Rumored Specs, Launch Date And More
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan's Diet Revealed By Her Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
- Finance Axis Bank CFO Resigns
Hyundai Motors India has announced that the recently launched Venue SUV will close the calendar year 2019 with 1 lakh bookings. The Hyundai Venue bookings have set a new milestone within seven months of its launch in the Indian market.
The compact-SUV offering from Hyundai has been developed in India and will also enter the export market. Currently, the Hyundai Venue is already being sold in India, Nepal, Bhutan and Mauritius. The company has now announced that the Venue will soon begin exports to South Africa as well.
The Hyundai Venue is the brand's first compact-SUV offering in the Indian market. The SUV is also the first car in India to come with connected features, through the brand's ‘Blue-Link' connectivity technology.
The compact-SUV comes with a host of features and equipment. This includes LED headlamps, LED DRLs, LED taillights, 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, diamond-cut alloy wheels, steering-mounted audio controls, automatic climate control, wireless charging and a bunch of other connected features as well.
The Hyundai Venue is powered by a choice of three engine options: two petrol and one diesel. The diesel unit comes in the form of a 1.4-litre engine producing 89bhp and 220Nm of torque. It comes mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox.
The two petrol engines include a 1.2-litre unit borrowed from the Elite i20. It produces 82bhp and 115Nm of peak torque. This comes mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox.
The Hyundai Venue also comes with a more powerful 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 120bhp and 172Nm of peak torque. This 1.0-litre engine is mated to either a six-speed manual or a dual-clutch automatic transmission as optional.
The Hyundai Venue is offered in a range of variants: E, S, SX, SX (O), SX+ and SX+(O). The compact-SUV offering is offered in India with a starting price of Rs 6.50 lakh while the top-spec is priced at Rs 11.1 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts On The Hyundai Venue Bookings Milestone
The Hyundai Venue is the first compact-SUV from the brand in the Indian market. The Venue rivals the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport, Mahindra XUV300 and the Tata Nexon in the Indian market.