- 1 day ago Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 1 day ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- 3 days ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 3 days ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- News Senior Shiv Sena leader hints at patch-up with BJP, says 'Uddhav will take decision at right time'
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan: 'I'll Be Lying If I Say I Really Struggled'
- Sports Pakistan will not play any home series on neutral venue: PCB chief Mani
- Finance Yes Bank Defers Decision On Allotment Of Shares To Citax; Braich's Bid Under Discussion
- Technology RedmiBook 13 With Intel Core i5/i7 Announced For Around Rs. 43,500
- Lifestyle This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Hyundai makes some of the nicest, most reliable cars in the world. Hyundai's cars seldom breakdown and that is a good sign. However, that isn't a sign big enough for us to venture out into the rough with a Hyundai.
In Utah, America a man took a Hyundai Tucson down a trail that was meant for proper four-wheel-drive vehicles and the result as you can imagine was not too pleasing. Matt's Towing & Recovery recently put up a video on YouTube in which they rescue a stranded Hyundai Tucson.
The YouTube channel in question is known for detailed videos of their off-road towing and rescue operations. This time, the call came in for a Hyundai Tucson to be rescued. At first, the towing service operator assumes it to be a normal rescue operation as he received a call that it is close to a highway.
Well, it turns out that the location the Hyundai was stuck at isn't even close to a highway. It also turns out that the Hyundai Tucson was rented and the person driving it only took that route because the GPS asked him to.
Utah is the 13th largest state in America and is well-known for its adventurous off-road trails. Thousands of off-road enthusiasts in the USA drive to Utah just to have some fun. This is also the reason for the existence of rescuers like Matt's Towing & Recovery.
The company specialises in off-road recovery and that is exactly what was needed in this scenario. The recovery is done using a modified 1997 Jeep Cherokee XJ Limited. After a pretty long off-road drive in the wilderness, the Hyundai Tucson is found.
It was stuck in a weird position as the driver had tried to turn it around in the middle of the trail. The front-end of the SUV was stuck on a mound of mud and hence was unable to move. The Hyundai Tucson is a crossover SUV that has been in production since 2004 and is being sold in several markets across the world.
In the USA, it is sold either with a 2.0 or 2.4-litre engine with a maximum power output of 161bhp or 181bhp. A six-speed automatic gearbox drives the front wheels. Hyundai also offers an all-wheel-drive system as optional but this rental car clearly did not have that option ticked.
The Jeep Cherokee XJ Limited on the other hand is powered by a 4.0-litre, inline-six cylinder engine with a maximum power output of 190bhp and a peak torque output of 305Nm. It features 4-wheel-drive with low ratio.
The Jeep made easy work of the trails, but even the Jeep struggled at a few places while towing the Hyundai Tucson up the incline. After clearing multiple obstacles and hundreds of rocks, the Hyundai Tucson was finally back to a position where it could move under its own power.
Thoughts On Hyundai Tucson Getting Stuck In Extreme Off-Road Conditions
On the face of it, it is easy to make fun of the Hyundai Tucson for getting stuck. But when the details are looked at, one would realise that, the Hyundai Tucson did not sustain any major damage. The bumper, skid plates, and underbody did get scraped by the massive rocks and boulders.
However, there was no leakage of any fluids, the tyres still retained the air which means the wheels too did not get damaged and the drivetrain too worked well despite all the hits. In the end, it got out safe and it is a win!