- 11 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- News Chandrayaan 2 launched: ISRO now sets eye on mission to study the Sun
- Technology These Wireless Neckband Headphones In India Have Superior Battery Life
- Movies iSmart Shankar Worldwide Box Office Collections Day 5: Ram Pothineni Starrer Continues To Impress!
- Sports Mohammad Azharuddin urges MS Dhoni to play aggressively as long as he wishes plays for India
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
Hyundai Transys — Hyundai Motor India's core automotive component supplier, has announced that they will be setting up their second manufacturing facility in India. The new Hyundai Transys factory will be established in Andhra Pradesh, with a total area of 0.9 million square feet.
According to reports from Autocar Professional India, the new factory from Hyundai Transys will help fulfil the requirements of Kia Motors, once they enter the Indian market. Hyundai Transys will be manufacturing and supplying Kia Motors India with the five-speed and six-speed manual transmission systems.
The new facility is likely to be set up by September this year and will have an annual production capacity of 1,80,000 units. Other than transmission systems, Hyundai Transys also manufacturer components such as axles and seating operations. The component supplier's first plant is situated in Chennai, producing seating systems for all Hyundai cars sold in the country.
Hyundai Transys claims to be the the only component manufacturer with specialities in all types of transmission systems — manual, CVT, torque-converters and dual-clutch units. The six-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox from Hyundai Transys is also used in various electric and hybrid vehicles such as the Hyundai Ioniq and the Kia Niro.
Other transmission systems such as the six-speed manual seen on the Hyundai Verna and Elantra models, along with the Kia Rio and K3 products. It also supplied a five-speed manual to cars such as the Grand i10, Elite i20, Kia Picanto and Kia Stonic models worldwide.
Hyundai Transys was first established in 1994 and acquired the rights to Hyundai's transmission units in 1997. The component supplier has 21 manufacturing plants globally, four global branches and two research & Development centres as well.
The company expanded into seating operations in 2004 for Hyundai Motors and has supplier network across eight countries around the world, with a total of 25 branches.
Thoughts On The Hyundai Transys New Factory
Hyundai Transys' new factory in India is mainly to supply transmission unit for Hyundai's sister company Kia Motors in the country. Kia Motors has already set up its manufacturing facility in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh as well, with operations set to begin by September 2019. The component supplier's manufacturing facility will allow Kia to bring down the overall cost, thus allowing them to price their products in India competitively.