- 9 hrs ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 1 day ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 2 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- News Jharkhand poll 2019 LIVE: 20 constituencies vote in second phase today
- Movies Dabangg 3: Newbie Saiee Manjrekar Was Not Intimidated Working With Salman Khan
- Sports I-League 2019-20: NFC 1-0 AFC: Neroca prevail in the first Northeastern Derby of the season
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A31 Color Options Revealed: Rumored Specs, Launch Date And More
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan's Diet Revealed By Her Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
- Finance Axis Bank CFO Resigns
Hyundai Mobis which is South Korea's largest auto parts maker has developed a camera monitoring system that will replace side-view mirrors in next-gen cars.
With the advanced sensor technology, the company has joined a couple of global future mobility developers who will aim to export the technology to carmakers.
The side-view mirror is like an obstacle for those who are parking in narrow spaces. However, the side-view mirror will now be moving inside cars creating space to park with ease.
Gregory Baratoff, VP autonomous vehicle development at Hyundai Mobis stated: "The paradigm shift to the future car is demanding both functional and design upgrades of all core components, which have been taken for granted until today."
A camera monitor system is a device that monitors the driving behaviour of cars coming from behind and displays the real-time image/video on monitors located inside your car. Not only does this technology increase driving safety by significantly reducing blind spots for a wider field of view, but it also enables innovative changes to your car's exterior design. Hyundai also stated that this technology will help improve fuel efficiency as side-view mirrors will be hidden.
The camera has a field of view which is about 35˚ and it is more than twice that of the regular side-view mirror, around 17°. Therefore, the driver can drive safely without having to check blind spots by turning their head.
Thoughts On The Camera System Which Will Replace Side Mirrors
This is a good initiative taken by the company as they are making full use of their technology. However, I feel that people will take a lot of time to get used to this technology. It will help save a lot of space for people who are parking at a tight spot but, to be very honest, I think that the camera should not replace the rear-view mirrors.