- 3 hrs ago KTM 125 Duke & RC Sales In India: Boost KTM Sales To 50,000 Units In 10 Months
- 4 hrs ago New Renault Kwid Climber Facelift Spied Undisguised Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Details
- 6 hrs ago Auto Industry Slowdown: GST On Automobiles Will Not Be Reduced Says GST Council
- 7 hrs ago Ferrari F8 Tributo India Launch Confirmed For Early-2020: Prices For The 488GTB Successor Revealed
- Movies Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt Are ECSTATIC About Gully Boy’s Oscar Entry; 'Making A Mark On World Stage'
- Sports PKL 2019: Clinical UP Yoddha end Tamil Thalaivas' playoff chances
- News Rajeev Kumar's anticipatory bail plea rejected
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas Beckons Us To Pair Cycling Shorts With A Breezy Top
- Technology Common 4G LTE Problems and Fixes
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Hyundai Mobis which is South Korea's largest auto parts maker has developed a camera monitoring system that will replace side-view mirrors in next-gen cars.
With the advanced sensor technology, the company has joined a couple of global future mobility developers who will aim to export the technology to carmakers.
The side-view mirror is like an obstacle for those who are parking in narrow spaces. However, the side-view mirror will now be moving inside cars creating space to park with ease.
Gregory Baratoff, VP autonomous vehicle development at Hyundai Mobis stated: "The paradigm shift to the future car is demanding both functional and design upgrades of all core components, which have been taken for granted until today."
A camera monitor system is a device that monitors the driving behaviour of cars coming from behind and displays the real-time image/video on monitors located inside your car. Not only does this technology increase driving safety by significantly reducing blind spots for a wider field of view, but it also enables innovative changes to your car's exterior design. Hyundai also stated that this technology will help improve fuel efficiency as side-view mirrors will be hidden.
The camera has a field of view which is about 35˚ and it is more than twice that of the regular side-view mirror, around 17°. Therefore, the driver can drive safely without having to check blind spots by turning their head.
Thoughts On The Camera System Which Will Replace Side Mirrors
This is a good initiative taken by the company as they are making full use of their technology. However, I feel that people will take a lot of time to get used to this technology. It will help save a lot of space for people who are parking at a tight spot but, to be very honest, I think that the camera should not replace the rear-view mirrors.