- 10 min ago New BMW 3 Series Launch Live Updates: Price, Specifications, Features & Other Detai
- 1 hr ago New Maruti Suzuki XL6 MPV Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 9.79 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki XL6 Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 9.79 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Tata Harrier Dark Edition Details Revealed With Seats Finished In Benecke-Kaliko Blackstone Leather.
- Movies Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy: Allu Arjun Avoids Tweeting About Chiru's Film, Is He Ignoring The Megastar?
- Lifestyle Tamannaah Bhatia Gleams In Brown And Gold Make-up At The Teaser Launch Of Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy
- News IRCTC Statue of Unity package: Visit world's tallest statue by train; details here
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A50 New Firmware Improves Battery And System Stability
- Finance RIL, Medanta, Policybazaar, Curefit, Among Cos To Invest In Jammu & Kashmir
- Education KMAT Result 2019 Released: Explore What After Result
- Sports UFC returns to Boston with Light Heavyweight thriller
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Hyundai India has launched the country's first all-electric SUV, the Kona EV. The Hyundai Kona EV is priced at Rs 25.30 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The car will be imported into the country as a CKD (Completely Knocked Down) unit and will be available through select company dealerships across India.
The Hyundai Kona EV comes with a 39.2kWh battery, which claims an ARAI-certified range of 452 kilometres on a single charge. Hyundai has also confirmed that the batteries will offer fast-charging capabilities, allowing the Kona EV to be charged up to 80 per cent in just 52 minutes. However, with the use of regular charging infrastructure, the Hyundai Kona EV will take eight to nine hours for a complete charge.
The Hyundai Kona EV comes with a 100kW motor powering the front wheels. The electric motor produces 131bhp and 395Nm of torque. The car is capable of a 0 - 100km/h sprint in 9.7 seconds; quite quick for an SUV.
The Hyundai Kona EV offers a stylish design. It does continue to follow the brand's design language. However, being an electric vehicle, it does features certain changes. This includes the missing cascading front grille, which is now replaced by a body-coloured bumper rising up to the hood. However, it does come with an embedded pattern, which closely mimics a front grille.
The side and rear profile carry forward a more conventional SUV design, with sleek LED tail lights, sharp shoulder lines and creases and a rear spoiler which adds to the sporty design theme of the electric SUV.
Inside, the Hyundai Kona EV comes with conventional interiors as well. It does offer a large number of features and equipment. Some of the features include an 8-inch floating touchscreen infotainment system, digital instrument cluster, leather upholstery, leather-wrapped steering wheel with mounted audio controls, a 10-way power adjustable driver seats, smart electric sunroof, six-airbags, ABS with EBD, paddle-shifters for adjustable regenerative braking, drive modes: ECO/ECO+, Comfort and Sport and a host of other options as well.
Thoughts On The Hyundai Kona EV
The Hyundai Kona EV is the country's first electric SUV. The car will be locally assembled in the country and will rival the likes of the upcoming Nissan Leaf, MG eZS in the country. However, with charging infrastructure in India yet to take shape, it will be interesting to see how Hyundai will tackle the range anxiety among customers.