- 2 hrs ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 19 hrs ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 2 days ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 3 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- News Never approved mercy plea, says Nirbhaya convict
- Lifestyle Jacqueline Fernandez, Nushrat Bharucha Give Us Winter-perfect And Summer-ideal Airport Attire Goals
- Movies Arjun Suravaram Box Office Verdict: Nikhil Siddharth Starrer Emerges As A Hit!
- Technology OnePlus 8 Lite Design Revealed Via CAD-Based Renders
- Finance Govt To Consider Personal Income Tax Cuts To Boost Growth
- Sports Universal title match and Reigns vs. Corbin confirmed for WWE TLC 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Hyundai Motor India has announced a reduction in prices of it's all electric, the Hyundai Kona. The company is taking full advantage of the governments decision to reduce GST rates from 12 per cent to 5 percent. The Hyundai Kona is now retailing for between Rs 25.30 lakh and Rs 23.71 lakh (ex-showroom, India). Additionally, the government has reduced the GST rates on electric chargers from 18 per cent to 5 per cent.
Any reduction in prices of electric vehicles in India is a big advantage for the industry and that can be seen with the fact that Hyundai has received 152 bookings for the Kona Electric within 20 days since it was launched. The reduced price on the Hyundai Kona has been implemented from August 2019.
The Kona Electric that retails in India features a 100kW motor which sends power to the front wheels. The output of this motor is equivalent to 131bhp and 395Nm of peak torque. The all-electric vehicle is a compact crossover.
While the car offers almost the same amount of space that the Hyundai Creta does, it's design language is sharp enough to stand out on the road. The Hyundai Kona features the right amount of futuristic.
The Kona electric comes with two battery options in international markets. These are - a 39.2kWh unit, and a 64kWh unit. Hyundai's all electric that retails here only features the 39.2kWh motor. The Kona offers a certified range of 452 kilometers on single charge.
The battery can be fully charged between seven and eight hours while using conventional chargers. However, the battery can be juiced up to 80 per cent in under an hour using a fast charger. The Hyundai Kona comes with a portable charger and an AC wall box charger.
The portable charger can be plugged into any three-pin 15 Amp socket and can charge the battery for a 50 kilometer range in less than three hours. The 7.2kW wall box charger can achieve the same numbers in one hour.
Thoughts About The Reduction In Prices Of The Hyundai Kona
Like we've said so many time before, pricing is the biggest factor when it comes to retailing a product in India. The government wants to usher in an electric revolution and the cut in GST figures and other benefits will go a long way. Congratulations to Hyundai for hitting the 152 booking mark.