- 10 hrs ago Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Variant Details Revealed: Launch Expected Soon
- 10 hrs ago Honda Cars India Introduce Virtual Showrooms: New Car Purchase From Comfort of Home
- 11 hrs ago Tata Tiago Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- 13 hrs ago 2020 Hyundai i20 Spotted Testing In Delhi Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- Technology Best 9 Hours Battery Backup Laptops To Buy In India Under Rs. 40,000
- Movies NCB Summons TV Couple Sanam Johar & Abigail Pande; Raids Their Juhu Residence
- Sports IPL 2020: KKR vs MI: Six months is a long time without cricket, says Rohit Sharma after Mumbai bounce back with big win
- News 'Hero of zero hour': Union Minister' praise for Lok Sabha Speaker
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Janhvi Kapoor Unveils The Elegant Veil Look In Manish Malhotra’s Couture Movie
- Finance 3 Tips To Earn Higher Interest On Fixed Deposits
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Winter In India In 2020
- Education SWAYAM Admit Card 2020 Released For September 2020
Hyundai will be launching a CNG variant of the Grand i10 Nios. The upcoming variant will expand the company's current CNG line-up. The company had launched the third-generation of the Grand i10 hatchback earlier this month.
We expect Hyundai to launch the CNG variant in the Magna trim, just like the Grand i10. We also expect the Grand i10 Nios to have a similar CNG setup as compared to Grand i10.
The Grand i10 CNG variant is priced at Rs 6.46 lakh (ex-showroom, India), and we expect the Grand i10 Nios CNG Variant to be priced slightly higher.
The current line-up of CNG vehicles include the Santro and the Grand i10 for passengers use. The company has also added CNG variants of the Xcent sedan for fleet aggregators in order to reduce ownership costs.
With the addition of another CNG variant to the line-up, the company is gearing up to compete with Maruti Suzuki's exhaustive CNG line-up. This includes the Alto, the Alto K10, the Celerio, the WagonR, and the Ertiga. Hyundai plans to do the same and offer factory-fitted CNG kits with their entire hatchback line-up expect the Elite i20.
The Grand i10 Nios is currently offered in 10 variants with petrol and diesel engine options. The new hatchback retails between Rs 4.99 lakh and Rs 7.99 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
The petrol engine powering the hatchback is BS-VI compliant, and produces 82bhp of power and 114Nm of torque. We expect similar performance figures from the CNG variant.
With the movement in India towards greener mobility because of new upcoming BS-VI emission norms in April 2020, CNG, hybrid, and electric vehicles are the way to move forward.
India is in the early stages of hybrid & semi-hybrid powertrains and electric vehicles. CNG is a better and more efficient alternative to petro-diesel engines in the interim.
Thoughts About The Grand i10 Nios CNG
This will be a welcome alternative for Indian motorists to choose from a range of existing CNG vehicles in the market. The Grand i10 Nios further adds to the look and features making it a top hatchback to buy with a factory-fitted CNG kit.