- 16 hrs ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago Tata Altroz Production-Spec Revealed: India Launch Scheduled For January 2020
- Movies Pati Patni Aur Woh Movie Review: Indulge In This Love Affair For The Laughs!
- News CPCB task force asks agencies in NCR to intensify enforcement to curb 'severe' air quality
- Lifestyle World Soil Day 2019: Impact Of Soil On Your Health
- Sports Sports Minister felicitates Kho-Kho teams for winning gold in South Asian Games
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite, Note 10 Lite India Launch Likely Delayed
- Travel 8 Most Relaxing Beaches In India To Visit In December
- Finance P2P Lending Cap Raised To Rs 50 Lakh
- Education Indian Navy Day: 5 Amazing Facts Students Should Know
Hyundai India is all set to launch their third-generation Grand i10 Nios in the Indian market later this month (20th of August). Bookings for the Grand i10 Nios has already begun for an amount of Rs 11,000, which can be made either online or at dealerships across the country.
At the time of unveil, Hyundai had confirmed that the new ‘Nios' model will be sold alongside the current-generation Grand i10 model. Now the Korean brand has announced that the current Grand i10 will continue to be available in the market, although it will be offered only with a petrol engine. Hyundai has decided to pull the plug on the diesel variant of the Grand i10 hatchback in the Indian market.
The Hyundai Grand i10 is currently available with both a 1.2-litre Kappa engine and a 1.2-litre diesel engine option. Hyundai will discontinue the diesel engine on the Grand i10 soon; continuing with just the petrol engine on offer. This petrol engine will be mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox.
Customers looking for an automatic or diesel version of the hatchback will have to look into the Grand i10 Nios variants. The Hyundai Grand i10 Nios will continue to be offered with both petrol and diesel engines, both of them also receiving the AMT transmission option as well.
The current-generation Grand i10 will be postioned between the entry-level Santro and the upcoming i10 Nios. The car comes with a starting price of around Rs 5.83 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi) and is available in three variants: Magma, Sportz and Asta.
The Hyundai Grand i10 comes with a number of features. The top-spec variants receive a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system, LED DRLs, dual airbags, reverse parking sensors, ABS with EBD and a host of others.
Thoughts On The Hyundai Grand i10 Diesel Discontinuation
The Hyundai Grand i10 diesel variants will soon be discontinued in the Indian market, with the hatchback being offered with just the petrol-option. Hyundai will however update the Grand i10 soon, mainly to meet the upcoming emission and crash test norms of next year. The Hyundai Grand i10 rivals the likes of the Maruti Swift, Ford Figo and the Tata Tiago in the Indian market.