- 5 hrs ago 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon To Be Called Moab In India
- 6 hrs ago 45 At An Auction And Everything Else — A List Of Motorcycles That Could Have Been
- 7 hrs ago Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 54.90 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Ford Teams Up With Volkswagen For EVs By 2023 — Ford To Use VWs MEB Platform
- News Karnataka Crisis: SC to take up rebel MLAs' plea, BJP keeps close watch
- Movies Bigg Boss 3 Tamil Week 4 Eviction List: 5 Contestants To Feel The Heat This Time!
- Finance June Trade Deficit Narrows To $15.28 Billion; Exports Fall
- Sports MS Dhoni could be axed from Team India if he doesn't retire; Virat Kohli's captaincy to be reviewed: Reports
- Technology Realme X Review: New Benchmark To Beat In Sub 20K Price-Point
- Lifestyle Guru Purnima 2019: Messages And Quotes To Wish Your Guru
- Education ICAR AIEEA Result 2019 Likely To Be Released On This Date
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
The Hyundai Motor Group announced recently that they have developed whats called 'smartphone-electric vehicle pairing based performance based technology'. This allows for users to customize primary functions via a smartphone application. Also, this technology is an industry first.
Drives can use this new tech to adjust seven performance features. They can adjust the maximum torque output, ignition, acceleration and deceleration, regenerative braking capacity, the maximum speed limit, responsiveness, and energy used on climate control.
The application provides the best available settings for a pre-defined destination by calculating the distance remaining and the electric energy requirements. It also offers sportier driving by recommending custom performance settings.
Beyond the driving, users can share their settings online and also try settings shared by other drivers. The application also alloys for setting recommended by Hyundai based on road conditions ranging from city roads to mountain terrain.
Hyundai Motor Group say they will use blockchain technology to prevent security issues while users upload and download their custom setting over a server. While uploading user settings, the system encrypts performance parameters in a blockchain network by creating new data blocks and storing them in a distributed data storage system to block unauthorized manipulation.
The 'smartphone-electric vehicle pairing based performance based technology' is possible because of the dedicated properties that set electric vehicles apart from the conventional vehicles. Zero-emission vehicles allow freedom to modify driving experience because changing performance settings does not change carbon footprints.
Research fellow, JeongSoo Eo, Hyundai Motor Group, said, "As Hyundai Motor Group is planning to deploy 44 Eco-friendly models by year 2025, including 23 electric vehicles, we see the potential of technologies and services inherent in non-combustion vehicles. By developing paradigm-shifting mobility technology like this one, we will continue to strive to improve user experience for electric vehicles customized to individual preferences."
This new technology is expected to feature in future Hyundai and Kia models.
Thoughts About Hyundai's New Technology
This sounds really futuristic. After developing a digital key, Hyundai now has an application that can alter performance number for electric vehicle. We wonder what they have in line for us next.
And yes, please Hyundai, we need an abbreviation for this 'smartphone-electric vehicle pairing based performance based technology'. SEVPT doesn't sound right at all. Let's run a poll shall we?