- 17 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 19 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 20 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 21 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- News After election debacle in Bihar, Lalu Yadav skipping lunch due to anxiety
- Sports NBA Playoffs: Raptors defeat Bucks to earn first ever Finals berth
- Technology How to fix USB device format error in Windows
- Movies CATFIGHT DIARY! When Anushka Sharma SLAMMED Deepika Padukone & Said 'Stop Throwing Garbage At Me'
- Lifestyle Diana Penty’s Sparkling Pink Gown Is Perfect For A Formal Dinner Evening
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The Hyundai Motor Group announced recently that they have developed whats called 'smartphone-electric vehicle pairing based performance based technology'. This allows for users to customize primary functions via a smartphone application. Also, this technology is an industry first.
Drives can use this new tech to adjust seven performance features. They can adjust the maximum torque output, ignition, acceleration and deceleration, regenerative braking capacity, the maximum speed limit, responsiveness, and energy used on climate control.
The application provides the best available settings for a pre-defined destination by calculating the distance remaining and the electric energy requirements. It also offers sportier driving by recommending custom performance settings.
Beyond the driving, users can share their settings online and also try settings shared by other drivers. The application also alloys for setting recommended by Hyundai based on road conditions ranging from city roads to mountain terrain.
Hyundai Motor Group say they will use blockchain technology to prevent security issues while users upload and download their custom setting over a server. While uploading user settings, the system encrypts performance parameters in a blockchain network by creating new data blocks and storing them in a distributed data storage system to block unauthorized manipulation.
The 'smartphone-electric vehicle pairing based performance based technology' is possible because of the dedicated properties that set electric vehicles apart from the conventional vehicles. Zero-emission vehicles allow freedom to modify driving experience because changing performance settings does not change carbon footprints.
Research fellow, JeongSoo Eo, Hyundai Motor Group, said, "As Hyundai Motor Group is planning to deploy 44 Eco-friendly models by year 2025, including 23 electric vehicles, we see the potential of technologies and services inherent in non-combustion vehicles. By developing paradigm-shifting mobility technology like this one, we will continue to strive to improve user experience for electric vehicles customized to individual preferences."
This new technology is expected to feature in future Hyundai and Kia models.
Thoughts About Hyundai's New Technology
This sounds really futuristic. After developing a digital key, Hyundai now has an application that can alter performance number for electric vehicle. We wonder what they have in line for us next.
And yes, please Hyundai, we need an abbreviation for this 'smartphone-electric vehicle pairing based performance based technology'. SEVPT doesn't sound right at all. Let's run a poll shall we?