- 3 hrs ago 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace Facelift Teaser Image Revealed
- 4 hrs ago Top-Selling Cars In India In April 2021: Maruti Suzuki WagonR Takes Top Slot, Followed By Swift & Alto
- 5 hrs ago BMW X5 Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicle To Be Launched In 2022
- 5 hrs ago Toyota Glanza & Urban Cruiser Prices Hiked: Price Hike Of Upto Rs 34,000 & Rs 13,000 Respectively
- News Modi government firm to help West Bengal fight COVID-19: Harsh Vardhan to Mamata Banerjee
- Lifestyle Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Surprising Benefits Of Gold For Your Health And Beauty
- Movies Sanjay Kapoor On Completing 26 Years In Bollywood: I Am Glad That People Still Want To See And Love Me
- Education Himachal Pradesh Postpones Class 12 Exams, Class 10 Board Exams Cancelled; Students To Be Promoted To Class 11
- Sports A step closer to my dream of playing for Team India: Abhimanyu Eswaran on being put on standby for UK tour
- Technology Xiaomi J18s Foldable Phone With Under Display Camera In Works; Galaxy Fold Rival?
- Finance Covid-19 Crisis: LIC Allows Alternate Proofs For Municipal Death Certificate
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Hyundai Creta sales in September 2019 has fallen by 40% compared to the same month last year. The Hyundai Creta SUV registered 6,641 units of sales in the previous month, compared to 11,000 units in September 2018.
The mid-size SUV from Hyundai has been one of the most popular models in the segment, ever since its launch in the Indian market. However, with the arrival of competitors such as the Kia Seltos and the MG Hector, sales of the Creta has taken a hit.
The Hyundai Creta has lost out on sales to the Kia Seltos for the second month in a row. The Kia Seltos which registered 7,754 units of sales in September 2019, is currently the best-selling mid-size SUV in the segment. The Seltos has improved in sales from August 2019, when it registered 6,236 units.
The Hyundai Creta which also improved in month-on-month sales is still almost a 1000 units behind the Kia Seltos. The Mahindra Scorpio and the MG Hector are positioned in third and fourth on the list of top-selling mid-size SUVs in India. The Mahindra Scorpio registered 3,600 in September while the MG Hector recorded 2,608 units of sales in the same period.
|Rank||Models||September 2019 ||September 2018 ||Sales Diff (%) |
MG is said to soon increase its production for the Indian market, which could further improve its sales numbers. This puts the Hyundai Creta under heavy pressure in terms of sales performance.
Hyundai is looking to address the growing competition on the Creta, by introducing the second-generation model. The new Hyundai Creta is expected to go on sale early next year, with its unveil scheduled at the 2020 Auto Expo. The new 2020 Hyundai Creta has already been spied testing in India on multiple occasions as well.
The new-generation Hyundai Creta will borrow the engine options from the Kia Seltos. This includes both the 1.5-litre petrol and diesel options, which are BS-VI compliant. Both engines on the Kia Seltos produce 115bhp with 144Nm (petrol) and 250Nm (diesel) of torque. The engines will further come with both manual and automatic transmission options as well.
Thoughts On The Hyundai Creta Sales In September 2019
The Hyundai Creta has been the best-selling mid-size SUV in the Indian market for a long time now. However, with the arrival of new models in the segment, the Creta has been having a tough time competing against the newer rivals. Hyundai is hoping that the second-generation Creta SUV will be able to take the competition to its rivals and get back to the top-position in the list.