- 12 hrs ago Ford Endeavour Sport Launched In India: Priced At Rs 35.10 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Pro And 1100 Sport Pro Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 11.95 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Renault Increases The Price Of The Triber MPV Once Again: Here Are The New Prices
- 15 hrs ago Tesla Likely To Establish A Research Centre In Bengaluru: Read More To Find Out
- Sports MS Dhoni on lack of batting time: Haven’t batted for a long time, 14-day quarantine doesn’t help
- News India can promise to be Africa's most steadfast partner: Jaishankar
- Movies Suriya To Start Shooting For Pandiraj Project In January 2021?
- Technology OnePlus Nord Users Experiencing Random Factory Data Reset Issue: Report
- Finance Shapoorji Pallonji Group To Exit Tata Group
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Shantanu And Nikhil’s Collection Broadens The Prevailing Narrative Around Bridal Couture
- Education IIT Guwahati Convocation 2020: Prime Minister Narendra Modi Addresses Students Virtually
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Hyundai Creta sales in September 2019 has fallen by 40% compared to the same month last year. The Hyundai Creta SUV registered 6,641 units of sales in the previous month, compared to 11,000 units in September 2018.
The mid-size SUV from Hyundai has been one of the most popular models in the segment, ever since its launch in the Indian market. However, with the arrival of competitors such as the Kia Seltos and the MG Hector, sales of the Creta has taken a hit.
The Hyundai Creta has lost out on sales to the Kia Seltos for the second month in a row. The Kia Seltos which registered 7,754 units of sales in September 2019, is currently the best-selling mid-size SUV in the segment. The Seltos has improved in sales from August 2019, when it registered 6,236 units.
The Hyundai Creta which also improved in month-on-month sales is still almost a 1000 units behind the Kia Seltos. The Mahindra Scorpio and the MG Hector are positioned in third and fourth on the list of top-selling mid-size SUVs in India. The Mahindra Scorpio registered 3,600 in September while the MG Hector recorded 2,608 units of sales in the same period.
|Rank||Models||September 2019 ||September 2018 ||Sales Diff (%) |
MG is said to soon increase its production for the Indian market, which could further improve its sales numbers. This puts the Hyundai Creta under heavy pressure in terms of sales performance.
Hyundai is looking to address the growing competition on the Creta, by introducing the second-generation model. The new Hyundai Creta is expected to go on sale early next year, with its unveil scheduled at the 2020 Auto Expo. The new 2020 Hyundai Creta has already been spied testing in India on multiple occasions as well.
The new-generation Hyundai Creta will borrow the engine options from the Kia Seltos. This includes both the 1.5-litre petrol and diesel options, which are BS-VI compliant. Both engines on the Kia Seltos produce 115bhp with 144Nm (petrol) and 250Nm (diesel) of torque. The engines will further come with both manual and automatic transmission options as well.
Thoughts On The Hyundai Creta Sales In September 2019
The Hyundai Creta has been the best-selling mid-size SUV in the Indian market for a long time now. However, with the arrival of new models in the segment, the Creta has been having a tough time competing against the newer rivals. Hyundai is hoping that the second-generation Creta SUV will be able to take the competition to its rivals and get back to the top-position in the list.