- 20 hrs ago Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 24 hrs ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- 2 days ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 3 days ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Movies 'Dabangg 3': Salman Khan's Stellar Look From The New Poster Sets Internet On Fire
- News It is part of RSS`Hindu Rashtra' design, Pak PM Imran Khan slams Citizenship Bill
- Sports Batista elated after being inducted into WWE Hall of Fame
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A51 Press Renders Confirm L-Shaped Camera, Punch-Hole Display
- Lifestyle Venomous Two-headed Copperhead Snake Found In Virginia. Pictures Go Viral!
- Finance File Belated ITR Until Dec 31 To Avoid Huge Penalty Amount
- Travel Northern India By Rail | A Five Day Circular Trip
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Hyundai Motors has confirmed a new micro-SUV for the international markets. The new micro-SUV from Hyundai has been codenamed, the 'AX' and is set to go into production by 2021.
According to Digital Times, Hyundai will manufacture the new AX micro SUV at its production facility in Gwangju, South Korea.
The Hyundai AX once introduced in the International market will be the first small-SUV in 19 years; after the Athos was discontinued back in 2002. The company is expecting to aim at a production of 70,000 units per year for the new AX micro-SUV.
For the international market, Hyundai has confirmed that the AX micro-SUV will be powered by a small 1.0-litre three-cylinder naturally-aspirated petrol engine.
The new Hyundai AX micro-SUV once introduced will be positioned below the recently launched Venue model. The new model could also make its way into India a well, considering how important the market is for Hyundai. Especially after the extremely positive response received by the Hyundai Venue.
Hyundai could likely showcase the concept version of the AX micro-SUV at the upcoming 2020 Auto Expo as well. If introduced in India, the Hyundai AX will be positioned between the Santro and the Venue offerings.
Since it is based on the same platform as the Hyundai Santro, the AX micro-SUV could feature the same engine as the hatchback.
This comes in the form of a 1.1-litre naturally-aspirated petrol engine. It produces 67bhp and 100Nm of torque. The engine will further come mated to a five-speed manual gearbox, along with an automatic transmission offered as optional.
Hyundai recently introduced the Grand i10 NIOS in the Indian market. The company launched the NIOS, well ahead of its international debut as well. The new Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS comes powered by BS-VI compliant 1.2-litre petrol and diesel engine options. These may also be a possible choice of engines for the Hyundai AX if introduced in India.
Thoughts On The New Hyundai AX Micro-SUV
The Hyundai AX micro-SUV has been greenlighted for the South Korean market. However, with Hyundai receiving an extremely positive response in the Indian SUV segment, with the Venue and the Creta, we can expect them to bring the model to India as well.
Although, with a launch not expected before 2021, there is still quite some time left before getting into any specific details.