- 12 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 15 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- News Bank Jobs: Nainital Bank clerk vacancies announced; How to apply for 100 bank clerk jobs
- Technology These Wireless Neckband Headphones In India Have Superior Battery Life
- Movies iSmart Shankar Worldwide Box Office Collections Day 5: Ram Pothineni Starrer Continues To Impress!
- Sports Mohammad Azharuddin urges MS Dhoni to play aggressively as long as he wishes plays for India
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
The Honda CR-V has scored a perfect 5-star rating in the Euro NCAP safety assessment test. Euro NCAP is widely regarded as the authoritative safety assessment test as the norms are stringent.
Honda launched the current-gen CR-V in the Indian market last year and the SUV is regarded as one of the most refined in its segment in India.
It was launched in both petrol and diesel guises with only the petrol-powered variant receiving the five-seat configuration. It is this very five-seater variant that was put through the Euro NCAP crash tests. The Honda CR-V scored 93 percent in adult occupant safety, 83 percent in child occupant safety and 76 percent for its safety assist systems.
The Honda CR-V on sale in the European market comes equipped with six airbags, ISOFIX mounts, ABS with EBD, autonomous emergency braking, collision mitigation system, lane assist system, seatbelt reminder and an airbag cut-off switch.
The Honda CR-V was put through the side barrier test, frontal offset crash, side pole impact and rear-end collision. It was found that the SUV gave good protection for adults, protecting the femur and knees of front passengers. Impact on rear passengers was found to be marginally more damaging.
The Honda CR-V comes with ISOFIX mounts and hence proved to be safer for children. It scored 21.7 out of 24 points for child protection. The Honda CR-V also scored pretty well for pedestrian safety.
The collision mitigation system is activated once the SUV passes the 5km/h mark on the speedo. This helps the car detect and brake autonomously in case of pedestrians coming in its way.
Thoughts On Honda CR-V Receiving 5-Star Rating In Euro NCAP
The Honda CR-V has for a long time been a favourite petrolhead SUV. It had good features, excellent handling characteristics and brilliant dynamics. Now that it has 5-Star Euro NCAP safety rating, it comes close to being a perfect urban SUV.