- 10 hrs ago India-Bound Hyundai Elantra Facelift To Be Offered With Petrol Powertrain Only
- 11 hrs ago Skoda Kodiaq Corporate Edition Launched In India: Priced At Rs 33 Lakh
- 11 hrs ago MG eZS Teased Ahead Of India-Launch Next Year: To Rival The Hyundai Kona EV
- 13 hrs ago New Mahindra Thar & XUV300 BS-VI Spied Testing In India: Spy Pics & Details
- Technology Most Trending Smartphones Of Last Week: iPhone 11 Pro Max, Redmi Note 8 Pro, Galaxy A50, Nokia 7.2 A
- Movies Ranveer Singh Is Deepika Padukone’s ‘Trashcan’ According To The Hilarious Meme She Posted!
- News Six BSP MLAs join Congress in Rajasthan
- Sports PKL 2019: Dabang Delhi consolidate their position on top of the table following their win over Telugu Titans
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Look Is Pretty Simple To Ace
- Education AP Grama Sachivalayam Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared Soon
- Finance 5 Export Business Ideas In India
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Honda has added more safety features to the Honda City sedan and is not charging more for it. The Honda City now comes with a front passenger seatbelt reminder and a speed alarm to alert the occupants of the car of speeding.
All units of the Honda City produced after 28 May, 2019 have been equipped with the two new safety features. The government has brought out a new mandate to increase the safety standards of cars built in India.
From 01 July, 2019 onwards, all cars sold in India will have to come equipped with a few safety features as standard. The safety features mandated by the government include the speed alarm, front passenger seatbelt reminder, driver's airbag and ABS.
The Honda City already comes equipped with dual front airbags and ABS as standard, across all variants. Now, the seatbelt reminder and the speed alarm have been added to make sure it meets the safety norms mandated by the government.
The Honda City is one of the more evergreen cars in the Indian market. The Honda City nameplate was first seen in India way back in 1998 with the launch of the third-generation model.
Since then, the Honda City has come a long way and we currently have the sixth-gen Honda City on sale in India. The Honda City is known for its reliability, safety and great performance.
The current-gen Honda City in India is powered by 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines. The petrol engine has a maximum power output of 117.3bhp and a peak torque output of 145Nm. It is available with either a 5-speed manual or a CVT gearbox.
The diesel engine on the other hand pushes out 98.6bhp and 200Nm. But the diesel variant is available only with a manual transmission. Honda has been working on the seventh-gen of City for a while now and will be launching it pretty soon. It is said to be bigger than the current model and needless to say, will be better equipped with more features and BS-VI compliant drivetrain.
Thoughts On Honda City Updated With More Safety Features
The Honda City is a venerable name in the Indian Auto industry. It has made a mark and Honda will keep pushing it and updating it so that it doesn't fade away. The update in safety without any change is price is one example of how Honda has kept the City going strong even after all these years.