- 12 hrs ago Ford Endeavour Sport Launched In India: Priced At Rs 35.10 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Pro And 1100 Sport Pro Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 11.95 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Renault Increases The Price Of The Triber MPV Once Again: Here Are The New Prices
- 15 hrs ago Tesla Likely To Establish A Research Centre In Bengaluru: Read More To Find Out
- Sports MS Dhoni on lack of batting time: Haven’t batted for a long time, 14-day quarantine doesn’t help
- News India can promise to be Africa's most steadfast partner: Jaishankar
- Movies Suriya To Start Shooting For Pandiraj Project In January 2021?
- Technology OnePlus Nord Users Experiencing Random Factory Data Reset Issue: Report
- Finance Shapoorji Pallonji Group To Exit Tata Group
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Shantanu And Nikhil’s Collection Broadens The Prevailing Narrative Around Bridal Couture
- Education IIT Guwahati Convocation 2020: Prime Minister Narendra Modi Addresses Students Virtually
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Honda has added more safety features to the Honda City sedan and is not charging more for it. The Honda City now comes with a front passenger seatbelt reminder and a speed alarm to alert the occupants of the car of speeding.
All units of the Honda City produced after 28 May, 2019 have been equipped with the two new safety features. The government has brought out a new mandate to increase the safety standards of cars built in India.
From 01 July, 2019 onwards, all cars sold in India will have to come equipped with a few safety features as standard. The safety features mandated by the government include the speed alarm, front passenger seatbelt reminder, driver's airbag and ABS.
The Honda City already comes equipped with dual front airbags and ABS as standard, across all variants. Now, the seatbelt reminder and the speed alarm have been added to make sure it meets the safety norms mandated by the government.
The Honda City is one of the more evergreen cars in the Indian market. The Honda City nameplate was first seen in India way back in 1998 with the launch of the third-generation model.
Since then, the Honda City has come a long way and we currently have the sixth-gen Honda City on sale in India. The Honda City is known for its reliability, safety and great performance.
The current-gen Honda City in India is powered by 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines. The petrol engine has a maximum power output of 117.3bhp and a peak torque output of 145Nm. It is available with either a 5-speed manual or a CVT gearbox.
The diesel engine on the other hand pushes out 98.6bhp and 200Nm. But the diesel variant is available only with a manual transmission. Honda has been working on the seventh-gen of City for a while now and will be launching it pretty soon. It is said to be bigger than the current model and needless to say, will be better equipped with more features and BS-VI compliant drivetrain.
Thoughts On Honda City Updated With More Safety Features
The Honda City is a venerable name in the Indian Auto industry. It has made a mark and Honda will keep pushing it and updating it so that it doesn't fade away. The update in safety without any change is price is one example of how Honda has kept the City going strong even after all these years.