- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso India Launch Confirmed For The 30th Of September: Details & Specs
- 1 day ago Benling Aura Electric Scooter Launching In September: Will Rival The Ather 450 In India
- 1 day ago Kia Seltos Top Features: Here Are The Key Features Available On The Kia Seltos SUV
- 1 day ago Maruti XL6 Official Accessories Launched: Gets Roof Spoiler, Carpet Mats & More!
- News Hartalika Teej 2019 date, puja vidhi, muhurat
- Movies Did Upheaval In Darshan’s Personal Life End His Friendship With Sudeep? Sudeep’s Family Targeted
- Finance Sensex Rallies On FM's Booster Dose; Gains 330 Points
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Note10 And Note10 Plus Accessories: Best Cases And Covers to Buy In India
- Sports McIlroy finishes strongly to win second FedEx Cup title
- Lifestyle LFW W/F 2019 Day Five: Genelia D’ Souza Gives Us The Best Showstopper Moment With This Red Lehenga
- Education NTA To Conduct JNU Entrance Test JNUET In May 2020
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Honda Cars India has introduced a new petrol variant to its City sedan offering in the Indian market. The Honda City now comes with a manual transmission on its top-spec ZX variant. The new Honda City ZX MT petrol variant is priced at Rs 12.75 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The top-spec 'ZX' petrol variant of the Honda City was earlier available with just the CVT transmission. Honda has now added a manual option for the petrol trim of the City sedan. The addition of the manual gearbox for the top-spec variant is through the high demand from customers towards it.
Apart from the additional manual transmission option, Honda has also introduced two new exterior paint schemes — Radiant Red Metallic and Lunar Silver Metallic. These two new colours will be available across all variants of the City sedan. Honda has also introduced rear parking sensors as a standard feature as well.
Rajesh Goel, Senior VP and Director, Sales & Marketing, HCIL, said, "We are delighted to introduce the new ZX variant of Honda City in Petrol with Manual Transmission to complete the top spec ZX range and offer an increased choice for our customers. The addition of new colours and standard application of Rear Parking sensors will further strengthen the City offering in the market."
Some of the key features of the Honda City ZX MT variant includes a complete LED package which comes with LED headlamps, DRL, fog lamps, rear combi-lights, licence plate lamps and trunk-lid spoiler lights. Other features also include electric sunroof with one-touch and auto-reverse function, automatic headlamps, R16 diamond-cut alloy wheels, automatic rain-sensing wipers, headlamps auto-off timer, 6.9-inch touchscreen infotainment system and six airbags.
The Honda City is available in four trims — SV, V, VX and ZX. All four variants are available with both petrol and diesel engine options. The petrol unit on the City is a 1.5-litre i-VTEC engine producing 117bhp and 145Nm of torque. Similarly, the diesel unit comes in the form of a 1.5-litre i-DTEC engine churning out 99bhp and 200Nm of torque.
Both, the petrol and diesel variants come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox. The higher-spec petrol variants (V, VX and ZX) further come with the optional six-speed CVT transmission with paddle shifters.
Thoughts On The Honda City New Petrol Variant
The Honda City is one of the most popular offerings in the mid-size sedan segment in the Indian market. The Honda City was first introduced back in 1998 and is currently in its fourth-generation model. The Honda City rivals the likes of the Hyundai Verna and the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz in the Indian market.