- 21 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 23 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 24 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 24 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- News Disgruntled AAP MLA Alka Lamba to leave AAP in 2020
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Jadeja hopes to get better wickets in tournament proper
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Movies India's Most Wanted SECOND DAY Box Office Collection: Arjun Kapoor's Film Continues To Crawl!
- Lifestyle 5 Papaya Face Masks To Remove Facial Hair
- Technology China Unicom announces world's first Super 5G SIM with 128 GB storage
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Launched in May 2018, the second generation Honda Amaze became the Japanese auto giant's popular seller in the Indian sub-continent. Honda sold 85,000 units in the 11 months that followed it's launch. This made the second generation Honda Amaze the fastest Honda model to achieve sales figures.
The second generation Honda Amaze catered for 46 per cent of Honda's overall sales for the financial year 2018-19. The other models that contributed to the overall sales figures in the Honda stable, are the Honda Jazz, the Honda City, and the Honda WR-V. The Honda Amaze has retailed over 3.4 lakh units since its launch in April 2013.
The 2018, second generation Honda Amaze featured upgrades and improvements to the first generation model. The car received Honda's Global Design Language (also seen on the recently launched Honda City), and a more proportionate three-box design.
The 2018 Honda Amaze features more cabin space, a dual-tone interior design, automatic climate control, a multi-function steering wheel, and, a touch-screen infotainment system that is Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatible.
The new Amaze also offers segment first features such as paddle shifters, a height adjustable driver's seat, keyless entry, and a 420-litre boot space. The Honda Amaze has also been fitted with front passenger seat belt reminder alarms.
Engine options on the Honda Amaze include a 1.2-litre i-VTEC petrol and a 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel engine. The petrol engine produces 89bhp of power @ 6,000rpm and 110Nm of torque @ 4,800rpm, while the diesel engine produces 99bhp of power @ 3,600rpm and 200Nm of torque @ 1,750rpm. Both engines are available with either a 5-speed manual transmission or a Constant Variable Transmission automatic.
The Honda Amaze is priced between Rs 5.86 lakh and Rs 9.16 lakh, ex-showroom, India. The car competes against a fair number of models in the segment - the Maruti Suzuki Dzire, the Hyundai Xcent, the Tata Tigor, the Volkswagen Ameo, and the Ford Aspire. The Maruti Suzuki Dzire is the segment best seller with 15,000 units sold every month, and the Honda Amaze is the send-highest selling car with 6,000 units a month.
Thoughts About The Honda Amaze' Sales Figures
Well wow! We didn't know that the Honda Amaze was doing this well. 46 per cent of total sales is very good. Kudos to Honda for a fantastic job!