- 29 min ago Avan Motors Showcased Two Electric Scooter Concepts At The Pune Motor Show 2019
- 32 min ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Exterior Design Spied Undisguised Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 3 hrs ago Miniature Royal Enfield Bullet With Electric Drivetrain Built By Man For His Son
- 3 hrs ago New Mercedes-Benz GLE Spotted Testing In India Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Sports IOA and CGF chiefs to meet in Delhi on November 14, discuss shooting at 2022 Birmingham CWG
- Lifestyle Want A Toned Back Like Disha Patani's? Try These 8 Exercises That Target Your Back Muscles
- News J&K Guv calls for continuation of Police-Army collaboration
- Finance An App That Helps Women To Take Control Of Their Finances
- Movies Sye Raa Censor Report: Chiranjeevi Starrer Gets U/A Certificate
- Technology Prototype Electric Sea Taxis Pulled Over By Cops For Speeding
- Travel Places To Visit In October In India
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
Launched in May 2018, the second generation Honda Amaze became the Japanese auto giant's popular seller in the Indian sub-continent. Honda sold 85,000 units in the 11 months that followed it's launch. This made the second generation Honda Amaze the fastest Honda model to achieve sales figures.
The second generation Honda Amaze catered for 46 per cent of Honda's overall sales for the financial year 2018-19. The other models that contributed to the overall sales figures in the Honda stable, are the Honda Jazz, the Honda City, and the Honda WR-V. The Honda Amaze has retailed over 3.4 lakh units since its launch in April 2013.
The 2018, second generation Honda Amaze featured upgrades and improvements to the first generation model. The car received Honda's Global Design Language (also seen on the recently launched Honda City), and a more proportionate three-box design.
The 2018 Honda Amaze features more cabin space, a dual-tone interior design, automatic climate control, a multi-function steering wheel, and, a touch-screen infotainment system that is Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatible.
The new Amaze also offers segment first features such as paddle shifters, a height adjustable driver's seat, keyless entry, and a 420-litre boot space. The Honda Amaze has also been fitted with front passenger seat belt reminder alarms.
Engine options on the Honda Amaze include a 1.2-litre i-VTEC petrol and a 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel engine. The petrol engine produces 89bhp of power @ 6,000rpm and 110Nm of torque @ 4,800rpm, while the diesel engine produces 99bhp of power @ 3,600rpm and 200Nm of torque @ 1,750rpm. Both engines are available with either a 5-speed manual transmission or a Constant Variable Transmission automatic.
The Honda Amaze is priced between Rs 5.86 lakh and Rs 9.16 lakh, ex-showroom, India. The car competes against a fair number of models in the segment - the Maruti Suzuki Dzire, the Hyundai Xcent, the Tata Tigor, the Volkswagen Ameo, and the Ford Aspire. The Maruti Suzuki Dzire is the segment best seller with 15,000 units sold every month, and the Honda Amaze is the send-highest selling car with 6,000 units a month.
Thoughts About The Honda Amaze' Sales Figures
Well wow! We didn't know that the Honda Amaze was doing this well. 46 per cent of total sales is very good. Kudos to Honda for a fantastic job!