- 19 hrs ago Escape The Ordinary — Tales From Tawang
- 21 hrs ago Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- 23 hrs ago Ducati Officially Reveals The Street Fighter V4 — Will Make Debut At Pikes Peak
- 23 hrs ago Tata Motors Reveal Official Altroz Teaser — Are You Ready?
- Movies #HappyFathersDay: Varun Dhawan, Sara Ali Khan, Karan Johar & Others Post Adorable Messages
- News Agitating doctors open for talks with WB CM Mamata, but will decide venue later
- Technology How To Enable/Disable New Hardware Acceleration Feature On Chrome?
- Sports Karthik likely for India in shortened game; Shadab, Haris may come in for Pakistan
- Lifestyle Bronchiectasis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
The Indian government has implemented the rule for all new vehicles to be mandatorily pre-fitted with high security number plates. The high-security registration plates will come with a number of secure features and have already been issued to the RTOs.
According to ET Auto, all brand new cars will come pre-fitted with the high security number plates, which will feature chromium-based hologram. The new secure plates will ensure reduction in vehicle thefts while also maintaining uniformity as well.
*Note: Images used are for representational purposes only
The HSRP (High Security Registration Plates) will also ensure that the number plates cannot be tampered with and will feature a standardised font and size. The high security number plates will also come with a 15-year warranty, which will include replacement in case of breakage within the specified period.
The chromium-based hologram will be hot-stamped on the number plates, which wil further reduce the circulation and creation of fake number plates. 'India' will also be inscribed on the registration numbers themselves. Apart from this, a 10-digit PIN will also be laser branded on the bottom-left corner.
The new vehicles, apart from the security number plates will also feature a hologram sticker on the windshield. This will contain the registration numbers, registry authority, the 10-digit PIN, along with the engine and chassis numbers.
An official told ET Auto, "Once numbers are embossed on new plates, they will have to go through scrutiny of RTO inspectors who will stamp approval before dispatching RC (registration certificate) book,"
Existing vehicles can also upgrade to the high security number plates. However, this has currently been put on hold. For existing vehicles to get the new number plates, the old one will have to be decommissioned and the vehicle will have to be registered again to receive the high security number plates.
Officials have however announced, "The process is kept on hold due to the poll code of conduct. A decision can be expected only after the elections."
Thoughts On High Security Number Plates In India
The High security number plates has now been made mandatory across the country. The new security number plates will prevent vehicle theft and also reduce number plate tampering. However, the first sign of HSRP on the roads will only be seen by mid-April.