- 45 min ago Indian Motorcycle Announces 2021 Model Line-up In India: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago Okinawa Electric Scooter Festive Offers 2020: Assured Gift, Lucky Draw & More
- 5 hrs ago Skoda Vision IN Spotted Testing For First Time In India Ahead Of Launch: Pics & Details
- 7 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Baleno Sales Crosses 8 Lakh Units Milestone Mark: Detailed Report
- Education AP Grama Sachivalayam Result 2020 Declared, Check Result Link And Merit List
- Sports Jasprit Bumrah says Mumbai Indians do not need to change their approach against Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Technology Flipkart Big Diwali Sale 2020: Offers On Up To 80% Off On Electronics And Accessories
- Finance Tata Motors Q2FY21 Net Loss At Rs. 307 Crore; Beats Street Estimates
- Lifestyle 9 Healthy Greek Foods You Should Try Eating To Improve Your Overall Health
- Movies Elli AvRam On Being An Outsider In Bollywood; Says One Has To Be Tough To Be In The Industry
- News EC notice to Imarti Devi in MP for remarks against unnamed political rival
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In November
Yesteryears superstar and Member of Parliament, Hema Malini, has just bought herself an MG Hector for her birthday. The multi-lingual actor brought home the MG Hector, and was recently seen collecting her SUV at a Mumbai dealer. The actor celebrates her birthday on October 16, 2019.
Records of the vehicle show that the Sholay actor bought the top-of-the-line diesel ‘Sharp' variant of the Hector SUV. A video posted by the Mumbai based dealership also revealed reasons for her choosing MG.
The video reveals that Ms Malini wanted a car that offered easy ingress and egress, a good view of the outside, and an upright seating posture. The MG Hector offers a spacious second row, a high seating position allowing for an excellent view, and large windows - everything Ms Malini wanted!
The top-of-the-line ‘Sharp' variant the actor chose comes loaded with features and creature comforts. The MG Hector features a panoramic sunroof, a 360-degree camera, ambient lighting, leather upholstered seats, and a push-button start.
The SUV also features a 10.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system that is compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, connected car technology, a voice command feature, and more. It also features an app based remote control that allows owners to set cabin temperature via a smartphone.
The MG Hector also features six airbags, ABS with EBD, (ESP) Electronic Stability Program, Hill Assist, cruise control and more. The ‘Sharp' variant is powered by a 2.0-litre diesel engine that produces 168bhp of power and 350Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a six-speed manual transmission.
The MG Hector Diesel Sharp is currently priced at Rs 17.28 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
Thoughts About Ms Malini Buying The MG Hector Sharp
Actors love their SUVs and we're sure that Hema loves them too. Apparently, Ms Malini saw the MG Hector displayed at some airport and was floored by what the car offered (basically what she wanted).
The actor loves SUVs and has owned the Mercedes-Benz ML, the Hyundai Santa Fe, the Audi Q5, and the Mercedes E-Class in the past. We guess she's happy with the MG now. If the old days are anything to go by, well, ‘Dhanno, aaj Basanti bahut khush hai!'.