- 12 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 15 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- News "For the love of our nation:" Martyred soldier, Aurangazeb’s brothers join Army
- Technology These Wireless Neckband Headphones In India Have Superior Battery Life
- Movies iSmart Shankar Worldwide Box Office Collections Day 5: Ram Pothineni Starrer Continues To Impress!
- Sports Mohammad Azharuddin urges MS Dhoni to play aggressively as long as he wishes plays for India
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
Great Wall Motors - China's largest SUV and Pick-up truck brand, has confirmed that they will be entering the Indian market. The Chinese brand confirmed that its first product will be launched in India between 2021-22.
Great Wall Motors will compete in the growing and already crowded passenger-vehicle market in the country. According to ET Auto, the company already has a technological hub in the country. This hub is used by the company for coding software for EV (Electric Vehicles) and AI (Artificial Intelligence).
Reports also suggest that Great Wall Motors has already begun recruitment towards their Indian automotive business. The company recently hired Kaushik Ganguly from Maruti Suzuki. The Chinese company hopes that Ganguly will help Great Wall Motors lay a strong foundation for themselves in the Indian market.
Great Wall Motors explained that one of the main reasons to enter the Indian market was due to the growing SUV segment in the country. Another reason was the increased importance shown towards electric vehicles by the Indian government. Great Wall Motors has also undertaken multiple studies over the last five years, however, the above two reasons helped the brand speed up its India-entry.
According to certain experts, the success of Chinese phone makers in the market has given automotive brands the confidence to explore India. However, the Chinese automakers have not been successful in other evolved markets such as Japan, US or other European markets.
Also, with the Chinese auto market on the decline, they are looking to expand to other markets outside China. India perfectly fits the company's expansion plans, especially with their current product portfolio.
Great Wall Motors offers a wide range of SUVs. Their products range from that of a Ford EcoSport rival and go upwards to compete against SUVs such as the Toyota Land Cruiser. Great Wall Motors themselves has managed to sell an average of 9 lakh units annually, which is equivalent to the SUVs sold by all brands put together.
Great Wall Motors themselves have four sub-brands: two for the mass market (Great Wall & Haval), one for the luxury market (Wey) and one in the EV segment (Ora).
Thoughts On The Great Wall Motors Launch In India
Great Wall Motors is the latest automotive brand to enter the Indian market. It will follow the likes of Kia Motors and MG Motors in the Indian market. Being a SUV maker, Great Wall Motors will enter a highly competitive segment of India and take on stiff rivals from other established brands.