- 14 hrs ago Bentley Book Costs More Than A Luxury House — Rs 1.80 Crore For A Book!
- 1 day ago Bajaj Auto Confirms November Launch For Husqvarna Twins — And So Our Watch Begins
- 1 day ago Bike Sales Report India For April 2019: Two-Wheeler Sales Slide By 16.3 Per Cent
- 1 day ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Spotted In India — Launching 2020
- Movies Jennifer-Harshad Fans Troll Pearl V Puri HILARIOUSLY For Saying Bepannaah Title Was Stolen!
- News NDA may win 267 seats; UPA 127 seats, predicts ABP exit poll
- Sports AC Milan 2 Frosinone 0: Piatek and Suso keep top-four hopes intact
- Technology Get Realme C2 in just Rs. 2000: Here are the details
- Lifestyle Huma Qureshi Ups Her Cannes 2019 Fashion Closet With A Statement Floral Jumpsuit
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Finance Here's How Google Is Tracking Your Online Purchases
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Great Wall Motors - China's largest SUV and Pick-up truck brand, has confirmed that they will be entering the Indian market. The Chinese brand confirmed that its first product will be launched in India between 2021-22.
Great Wall Motors will compete in the growing and already crowded passenger-vehicle market in the country. According to ET Auto, the company already has a technological hub in the country. This hub is used by the company for coding software for EV (Electric Vehicles) and AI (Artificial Intelligence).
Reports also suggest that Great Wall Motors has already begun recruitment towards their Indian automotive business. The company recently hired Kaushik Ganguly from Maruti Suzuki. The Chinese company hopes that Ganguly will help Great Wall Motors lay a strong foundation for themselves in the Indian market.
Great Wall Motors explained that one of the main reasons to enter the Indian market was due to the growing SUV segment in the country. Another reason was the increased importance shown towards electric vehicles by the Indian government. Great Wall Motors has also undertaken multiple studies over the last five years, however, the above two reasons helped the brand speed up its India-entry.
According to certain experts, the success of Chinese phone makers in the market has given automotive brands the confidence to explore India. However, the Chinese automakers have not been successful in other evolved markets such as Japan, US or other European markets.
Also, with the Chinese auto market on the decline, they are looking to expand to other markets outside China. India perfectly fits the company's expansion plans, especially with their current product portfolio.
Great Wall Motors offers a wide range of SUVs. Their products range from that of a Ford EcoSport rival and go upwards to compete against SUVs such as the Toyota Land Cruiser. Great Wall Motors themselves has managed to sell an average of 9 lakh units annually, which is equivalent to the SUVs sold by all brands put together.
Great Wall Motors themselves have four sub-brands: two for the mass market (Great Wall & Haval), one for the luxury market (Wey) and one in the EV segment (Ora).
Thoughts On The Great Wall Motors Launch In India
Great Wall Motors is the latest automotive brand to enter the Indian market. It will follow the likes of Kia Motors and MG Motors in the Indian market. Being a SUV maker, Great Wall Motors will enter a highly competitive segment of India and take on stiff rivals from other established brands.