- 48 min ago MG Motor Issues Statement Regarding MG Hector Fire: A Piece Of Cloth In The Engine Bay Is The Cause
- 15 hrs ago Ampere Reo Elite Electric Scooter Review: A Starter-Pack To The Electric Scooter Segment In India
- 16 hrs ago MG ZS Electric SUV Deliveries Begin: First Vehicle Delivered To EESL
- 16 hrs ago Renault Triber BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 4.99 Lakh Ex-Showroom
- News From April 1, Bars in Uttar Pradesh to remain open till 2am, hotels to serve all night
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Copied Jennifer Lopez's Iconic Grammy Outfit: Here's Why It Didn't Work
- Sports Sourav Ganguly says new committee will select team for SA series
- Finance Officials Say There Is Limited Room For Income Tax Cut In Budget 2020
- Lifestyle 11 Signs That Tell He Is Using You To Get Over His Ex
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A51 With Quad Cameras To Launch On January 29 In India
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Geely Auto Group has launched the Geometry electric car brand and also displayed its first car — The Geometry A. Geometry is an entirely new electric vehicle brand and Geely claims it is its 'high-end pure electric brand.' The newly formed Geometry will now function under the Geely umbrella along with Geely's other subsidiaries Volvo and Lotus.
Geometry, as a brand gives Geely Auto Group a bright future as the future is electric. Having a brand that sells just electric cars certainly gives Geely an advantage over its European competitors.
The first product under the Geometry brand will be the 'A'. It features contemporary european styling. Up front are swept-back LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs. Since there is no requirement for a radiator grille, the bumper area is larger and it features a hexagonal air-dam.
The side profile shows off a premium saloon-like design. Slim tail-lamps and a dual-tone bumper finish off the design traits at the rear. The interiors too have been kept classy with a dual-tone black and beige theme. It features steering-mounted controls for various vehicular functions and even comes with a heads-up display.
The Geometry A has been made available in two variants. The standard variant comes with a 51.9 kWh battery while the long-range model comes with a 61.9 kWk lithium battery pack. Geometry claims the standard variant is capable of going a distance of 410 kilometres on a fully charged battery while the long range variant will do 500 kilometres.
The motors push out a 161bhp and 350Nm. Performance too is decent, with 0-100km/h done and dusted in 8.8 seconds. The batteries are fast-charge enabled and can charge from 30 percent to 80 percent in just 30 minutes. The Geometry A is just the beginning.
Geometry will be launching 10 more pure-electric models before 2025, and these models will cover a wide range of segments including hatchbacks, sedans, SUVs, etc.
Will the Geometry A be launched in the Indian market?
This is just speculation at the moment but, in all probability, the Geometry brand will make it to the Indian market. The Indian electric vehicle market is growing by the day. Right now, there are only two mainstream car manufacturers that are producing EVs.
However this is expected to grow rapidly. There are multiple brands working on getting their electric vehicles into the Indian market and this includes major european car manufacturers as well. Volvo recently announced its EV and Hybrid vehicle plans for the Indian market.
Volvo and Geometry are both owned by Geely and needless to say, there will be quite a bit of parts and technology sharing between the two companies. Volvo and Geometry would work on the development of electric vehicles together and this way, the economies of scale too would be benefited.
Thoughts On Geometry A
The Geometry A is purported to be a Tesla Rival, but in reality it isn't. Geometry as a brand is a rival to Tesla as it is also a pure-electric brand. While Tesla seems to be concentrating on the upper end of the EV market, Geometry will attempt to have a good mixture of affordable and premium vehicles.