- 1 day ago Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- 1 day ago New Bugatti Centodieci Unveiled: Pays Homage To 110 Years Of Bugatti & The Iconic EB110
- 1 day ago Emflux Two And Two+ Electric Motorcycle Teaser Reveals Performance And Range Figures
- 1 day ago New Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Launch On 20th August
- Sports Ashes 2019: Labuschagne steps up in Smith's absence as Australia survive Archer onslaught for Lord's draw
- Movies Karan Johar Calls Out A Troll Who Mocked His Sexuality!
- News Amit Shah says Congress has "no shame" as it continues to oppose "evil practice" of triple talaq
- Technology Difference between OpenGL and DirectX12
- Lifestyle How Can Birth Control Pills Affect A Woman's Life
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The fourth-gen BMW X5 will be launched in the Indian market on 16 May, 2019. The X5 is the flagship SUV from the BMW stable and the fourth-generation model was first unveiled in June 2018. It was subsequently launched in international markets in November 2018. Now though, time has finally come for it to be launched in the Indian market.
The new BMW X5 features quite a few differences when compared to the current-generation model. Right up front us the signature BMW kidney grille that is only getting larger with every new generation.
On both sides of the grille are twin-pod LED headlamps. The front bumper features an all-new design and comes with a large air-dam and large fog-lamp housings. The LED fog lamps are rectangular in shape and compact in size.
There aren't many changes to the side profile of the SUV except that it now looks more muscular and rides on new alloy wheels. However, the side profile has the same basic outline as the current-gen BMW X5.
At the rear are redesigned tail lights and a new bumper. A scuff plate on the bumper and dual-exhaust outlets with chrome tips complete the design bit at the rear. As said earlier, the BMW X5 is the German car marque's flagship SUV and it certainly does have an interior befitting of that title.
The new BMW X5 features dual-tone interiors with a redesigned dashboard with a floating touchscreen infotainment system. It sports a multi-function steering wheel with controls to vehicular systems and the infotainment unit. Instrumentation duties are handled by a screen as well.
The fourth-gen BMW X5 is powered by 6-cylinder petrol and diesel engines and also a V8 petrol engine in international markets. In the Indian market though, the new BMW X5 is most-likely to be powered by the 3.0-litre, 6-cylinder diesel engine with a maximum power output of 261bhp and a peak torque output of 620Nm. An 8-speed automatic transmission drives all four wheels via BMW's XDrive system.
The fourth-gen BMW X5 is only slightly larger than the third-gen model and it measures 4,922 mm in length, 2,004 mm in width, 1,745 mm in height. It has a wheelbase of 2,975 mm.
Thoughts On New BMW X5 Launch Date Revealed
The third-gen BMW X5 was reasonably successful in India despite an increase in competition. With more features, larger dimensions and more imposing looks, the fourth-gen BMW X5 certainly is a worthy successor. Would it be able to draw customers in such a premium, niche and yet highly competitive segment? Well, only time can tell.