- 42 min ago BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Spotted Testing In India Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 1 hr ago Car Sales Report For May 2020: Maruti Suzuki Registers 18,539 Units Of Sales Post Lockdown
- 2 hrs ago MG Gloster To Be Locally Assembled: Expected India Launch During Diwali
- 4 hrs ago Car Sales Report For May 2020: Toyota Registers 1,639 Units Of Sales Since Resuming Operations
- News Mumbai experiences cloudy sky, light showers as Cyclone Nisarga forms in Arabian Sea
- Sports Justice for George Floyd: Soccer out of touch suppressing on-field activism
- Lifestyle Why Dry Shaving Is Bad For Your Skin
- Finance India's Unemployment Rate In May Stays At 23%
- Technology Do Not Install Windows 10, Version 2004 Update On Your PC Or Laptop
- Movies Mahesh Babu's Revelation About Having A Crush On This Actress Will Make You Go ‘Aww’!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Ford is all set to introduce its first India-specific SUV, in partnership with Mahindra. According to Autocar India, the first made-for-India SUV from Ford has been confirmed for a late-2020 launch and will be based on the next-generation Mahindra XUV 500.
The partnership between Ford India and Mahindra was confirmed recently. Both carmakers came to an agreement on working together towards the development of new car technology and powertrains.
The partnership will also see Ford and Mahindra working together on vehicle platforms for SUVs, sedans and even electric cars for the Indian market. Ford will benefit from the SUV architecture used on the Scorpio and the XUV 500 while Mahindra will benefit from Ford's B-segment monocoque SUV architecture as well.
Coming back to Ford's new SUV, the company will manufacture a new C-segment SUV at a very competitive pricing strategy in the Indian market. However, the new Ford SUV will feature a brand new design, in terms of both exterior and interior styling. Ford's new SUV will also come with a slightly different and improved chassis.
The new Ford SUV will borrow certain components such as the doors, windows and windscreen from the upcoming Mahindra XUV 500. However, most other parts of the Ford SUV will be different. The new SUV from Ford is said to come with high-mounted headlamps, large wheel arches, bigger alloy wheels and LED headlights; among others.
Inside as well, Ford is expected to offer a more premium and upmarket feel. The new Ford SUV will feature a different dashboard, instrument cluster. Ford will also include their multimedia system, the SYNC3 with a touchscreen infotainment unit.
The new Ford SUV is expected to be a seven-seater variant. The new SUV will come with a BS-VI compliant engine, which will be mated to a Mahindra-sourced six-speed gearbox. An automatic transmission is also being considered while other standard features will include traction control, ESP, hill-climb assist; among others.
Ford's new SUV although specific for the Indian market, will have components built outside India. However, it will predominantly be developed by the company's team in the country.
Thoughts On Ford's New SUV For India
The new Ford SUV is still in its nascent stages and will take quite a while to go on sale in the Indian market. Ford will also announce a brand new name for their upcoming SUV. Once launched in the country, it will be placed in the same segment as the upcoming Mahindra XUV 500.