- 5 hrs ago Korean Designer Features Hot Water Bath In Car — Where’s The Rest Of The House?
- 6 hrs ago Skoda India Just Rolled Out Its One Hundred Thousandth Rapid — We’re On A Roll!
- 6 hrs ago Weirdest Things Brought To Car Test Drives Includes Snakes & A Horse — Here’s The List
- 6 hrs ago Kia Motors To Officially Unveil The Seltos Tomorrow — Ready For A Power Surprise?
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Pant cleared to join India squad at World Cup after Dhawan blow
- News ED arrests two former IL&FS executives in PMLA probe
- Movies DISTURBING! Hrithik Roshan's Sister Sunaina Says, 'My Father SLAPPED Me Because I Love A Muslim Guy'
- Lifestyle International Yoga Day: How To Lose Weight With Yoga
- Technology Xiaomi Teases The Launch Of Its Mi Electric Shaver In India – All You Need To Know
- Finance Bengaluru Enters Top 10 APAC Cities List For Real Estate FDI
- Education SSC CHSL Admit Card 2019 Released For Tier I Examination
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Ford is all set to introduce its first India-specific SUV, in partnership with Mahindra. According to Autocar India, the first made-for-India SUV from Ford has been confirmed for a late-2020 launch and will be based on the next-generation Mahindra XUV 500.
The partnership between Ford India and Mahindra was confirmed recently. Both carmakers came to an agreement on working together towards the development of new car technology and powertrains.
The partnership will also see Ford and Mahindra working together on vehicle platforms for SUVs, sedans and even electric cars for the Indian market. Ford will benefit from the SUV architecture used on the Scorpio and the XUV 500 while Mahindra will benefit from Ford's B-segment monocoque SUV architecture as well.
Coming back to Ford's new SUV, the company will manufacture a new C-segment SUV at a very competitive pricing strategy in the Indian market. However, the new Ford SUV will feature a brand new design, in terms of both exterior and interior styling. Ford's new SUV will also come with a slightly different and improved chassis.
The new Ford SUV will borrow certain components such as the doors, windows and windscreen from the upcoming Mahindra XUV 500. However, most other parts of the Ford SUV will be different. The new SUV from Ford is said to come with high-mounted headlamps, large wheel arches, bigger alloy wheels and LED headlights; among others.
Inside as well, Ford is expected to offer a more premium and upmarket feel. The new Ford SUV will feature a different dashboard, instrument cluster. Ford will also include their multimedia system, the SYNC3 with a touchscreen infotainment unit.
The new Ford SUV is expected to be a seven-seater variant. The new SUV will come with a BS-VI compliant engine, which will be mated to a Mahindra-sourced six-speed gearbox. An automatic transmission is also being considered while other standard features will include traction control, ESP, hill-climb assist; among others.
Ford's new SUV although specific for the Indian market, will have components built outside India. However, it will predominantly be developed by the company's team in the country.
Thoughts On Ford's New SUV For India
The new Ford SUV is still in its nascent stages and will take quite a while to go on sale in the Indian market. Ford will also announce a brand new name for their upcoming SUV. Once launched in the country, it will be placed in the same segment as the upcoming Mahindra XUV 500.