- 7 hrs ago Skoda Karoq And Kamiq SUV India Launch Timeline Confirmed
- 7 hrs ago Deliveries Of The Ducati Panigale V4 R Begin In India
- 10 hrs ago Mahindra Bolero Pick-Up Range Crosses 15 Lakh Production Units Milestone
- 10 hrs ago Suzuki Jimny India Launch Confirmed For Late-2019: Might Be Rebadged As Gypsy For Indian Market
- News IRCTC offers 5-day tour to Kanyakumari, Rameswaram and Madurai; details here
- Sports Vinay Kumar bids adieu to Karnataka; joins Puducherry
- Movies RIP Khayyam: Lata Mangeshkar, Javed Akhtar, PM Modi Tweet Condolence Messages
- Technology Redmi Note 7 Pro, Redmi Y3, Redmi 7, Redmi Note 7S Get Up To Rs. 1,000 Price Cut
- Lifestyle What Are Happy Hormones And 7 Natural Ways To Boost Them
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Finance FASTags Mandatory For Toll Payment On Highways Starting December 1
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Ford celebrated the Nation Mustang Day on 17 April 2019. This marked the 55th anniversary of the iconic Mustangs and fans will be happy to hear that the Ford Mustang has been has been declared the world's best-selling sports coupe in the world for the fourth year in row.
Globally the Mustang reigns supreme and is the highest selling sports coupe for 2018, selling as many as 1,13,066 cars, according to research giants IHS Markit.
Sales data is based on IHS Markit 2018 total new registrations for all sports cars segments. Sales in the US are based on 2018 industry reported sale. 2018 is the fourth year of dominance of the Ford Mustang as the world's best-selling sports coupe, and also the best-selling sports car in the United States. Ford sold 72,842 Mustangs in the United States.
Jim Farley, President, Ford Global Markets, said, "We broke the mould when we launched the Mustang 55 years ago. Nothing says freedom, the wind in your hair and the joy of driving like Mustang; it's an icon. The roar of its V8 on a spring day, there's nothing better. No wonder it's the most popular sports coupe in the world."
According to Ford's sales data, the Mustang can be bought in 146 markets through 2018. That puts Ford across 75.64 per cent of the globe, considering there are only 193 recognized countries. Over 5,00,000 sixth-generation For Mustangs have been sold worldwide since 2015.
The pony also picked up half an additional half point of the global share and now hold 15.4 per cent of the sports coupe segment. Adding to additional sales figures was the new Mustang Bullit which exceeded global sales by 25 per cent.
Ford currently retails one variant of the Mustang in India - the Ford Mustang GT Fastback 5.0L V8. This coupe feature a massive petrol engine that produces 396bhp of power @ 6,500rpm and 515Nm of torque @ 4,250 rpm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission.
The Ford Mustang GT Fastback features rear parking sensors, selectable driving modes, dual-zone auto temperature control, rear window defroster, and track applications including a lap timer. The Mustang is available in six colours - Absolute Black, Magnetic, Ingot Silver, Oxford White, Race Red, and Triple Yellow Tricoat. To know more about the Ford Mustang GT Fastback 5.0L V8, click here.
Thoughts About The Ford Mustang Crowned Best-Selling Sports Coupe
The Mustang has charm, aggression, and is all-American. Possibly the last American thing people still like. It's aggressive, loud, and has a 'presence'. Of course it is the best selling sports coupe in the world. Congratulations Ford!