- 38 min ago Royal Enfiled Meteor 350 Expected India Launch By June: Will Rival The Jawa 350
- 1 hr ago Kia Sonet: Expected Launch Date in India, Price, Specs, Features & Competitors Explained
- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Introduces Finance Scheme Offers For New Car Buyers: Repayments With Flexible EMIs
- 20 hrs ago Datsun Redi-GO Facelift Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of Its Launch
- Movies Raashi Khanna Replaces Anushka Shetty In Aruva As The Latter Rejects The Suriya-Starrer
- Travel Karnataka To Open Religious Places From June 1
- Lifestyle Melasma Chloasma: What Are The 6 Factors That Cause It? Symptoms, Treatments And Prevention
- Sports I have a lot of options: Shikhar Dhawan reveals which profession he'll pick after retirement from cricket
- Technology Qubo Smart Home Security Camera With COVID Guard Feature Launched For Rs. 4,290
- Finance Self-Electricity Meter Reading And Bill Generation Is Being Rewarded: Know Details
- News Cong to launch 'SpeakUp' campaign to raise voice of poor, migrants, small businesses
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Ford India is said to be recalling the diesel variants of its Freestyle offering. According to a Team-BHP forum post, the Ford has issued the recall to inspect a possible fault in the Freestyle's wire harness bracket.
According to the reports, Ford has already notified their customers regarding the inspection. They have also asked customers to schedule an appointment at their nearest Ford service station for the inspection.
However, Ford has not released the exact number of cars affected by the recall. Ford, however, has mentioned that the inspection and modifications required would be completed within half a day depending on the service stations schedule. Also, these modifications would be done free of charge to the customer.
The Ford Freestyle was launched in India in April last year. The car is the first CUV (Compact Utility Vehicle) and is based on the company's Figo hatchback. The Ford Freestyle is slotted between the Figo and the EcoSport in the brand's India lineup and comes with a starting price of 5.09 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi) — check out our detailed review here.
The Ford Freestyle is available in four variants, all of which come with two engine options — 1.2-litre 'Dragon Series' petrol engine and 1.5-litre diesel unit. The petrol engine produces 95bhp and 120Nm of torque while the diesel unit churns out 100bhp and 250Nm of torque. Both engines are mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox.
Ford also offers a number of features on the Freestyle offering. Some of which include dual-tone dashboard, 6.5-inch SYNC3 touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, Push button Start/Stop, automatic climate control, power folding ORVMs, automatic headlamps and rain-sensing wipers.
Safety features on the Ford Freestyle: dual airbags, ABS with EBD, reverse parking sensors, engine immobiliser, seatbelt reminder, keyless entry, perimeter theft alarm and approach sensors. The top-spec variant further gets curtain airbags, active roll-over protection and emergency assistance.
Thoughts On The Ford Freestyle Recall
Ford India's recall on the diesel variants of the Freestyle is mainly to inspect the car for any faults in its wire harness bracket. Any changes required will be done free of cost. In the Indian market, the Ford Freestyle rivals the likes of the Toyota Etios Cross and the Hyundai i20 Active.