- 46 min ago Tata Motors Updates Nexon With New Interior Features
- 1 hr ago MG Hector Vs Jeep Compass Vs Tata Harrier — How Does The Brit Stack Up Against It Rivals?
- 2 hrs ago 2020 Royal Enfield Classic 350 Spotted Testing With Several Improvements & New Engine
- 3 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Bookings And Deliveries — Receives Over 33,000 Bookings Within First Month Of Launch
- News Post-PM visit, Kedarnath records highest-ever visitors to the shrine: Report
- Education Looking For Career In Management? Explore Why BBA MBA Integrated Course Is Best After Class 12
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M40 Open Sale Amazon – Punch-Hole Display And Triple Rear Cameras For Rs. 19,990
- Movies Golden Star Ganesh Is Not Celebrating His B'day This Year; The Reason Is Heart-wrenching
- Finance RITES Board Approves Bonus Share Issue
- Sports Uncertain Koulibaly suspects he will stay at Napoli
- Lifestyle What Casual Outfits Did Khushi, Sharmin, Ananya, And Janhvi Wear Recently?
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Ford India is said to be recalling the diesel variants of its Freestyle offering. According to a Team-BHP forum post, the Ford has issued the recall to inspect a possible fault in the Freestyle's wire harness bracket.
According to the reports, Ford has already notified their customers regarding the inspection. They have also asked customers to schedule an appointment at their nearest Ford service station for the inspection.
However, Ford has not released the exact number of cars affected by the recall. Ford, however, has mentioned that the inspection and modifications required would be completed within half a day depending on the service stations schedule. Also, these modifications would be done free of charge to the customer.
The Ford Freestyle was launched in India in April last year. The car is the first CUV (Compact Utility Vehicle) and is based on the company's Figo hatchback. The Ford Freestyle is slotted between the Figo and the EcoSport in the brand's India lineup and comes with a starting price of 5.09 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi) — check out our detailed review here.
The Ford Freestyle is available in four variants, all of which come with two engine options — 1.2-litre 'Dragon Series' petrol engine and 1.5-litre diesel unit. The petrol engine produces 95bhp and 120Nm of torque while the diesel unit churns out 100bhp and 250Nm of torque. Both engines are mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox.
Ford also offers a number of features on the Freestyle offering. Some of which include dual-tone dashboard, 6.5-inch SYNC3 touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, Push button Start/Stop, automatic climate control, power folding ORVMs, automatic headlamps and rain-sensing wipers.
Safety features on the Ford Freestyle: dual airbags, ABS with EBD, reverse parking sensors, engine immobiliser, seatbelt reminder, keyless entry, perimeter theft alarm and approach sensors. The top-spec variant further gets curtain airbags, active roll-over protection and emergency assistance.
Thoughts On The Ford Freestyle Recall
Ford India's recall on the diesel variants of the Freestyle is mainly to inspect the car for any faults in its wire harness bracket. Any changes required will be done free of cost. In the Indian market, the Ford Freestyle rivals the likes of the Toyota Etios Cross and the Hyundai i20 Active.