- 10 hrs ago Mahindra Thar 700 Launched In India At Rs 9.99 Lakh — Limited Numbers Of A Fantastic SUV
- 11 hrs ago MG Motors Plans To Launch eZS All Electric SUV — Slated For Late 2019
- 11 hrs ago Renault Triber Teased Ahead Of Global Unveil
- 12 hrs ago Tata Tigor Automatic Launched In India — Prices Start At Rs 6.39 Lakh
- Technology Best Samsung Smartphones With USB Type-C Port To Buy Under Rs. 20,000
- News Cyclone Vayu, headed for North Gujarat, to weaken further
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Super Shakib inspires Bangladesh to thumping win over Windies
- Lifestyle 8 Astonishing Health Benefits Of Drinking Cucumber Juice
- Movies Bepannaah’s Harshad Chopda On His Secret Girlfriend; Reveals Awkward Moment About Intimate Scene!
- Finance Nifty Earnings For Jan-Mar Touched 5-Quarter Low
- Education RSOS 10th Result 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Ford India has discontinued the Figo hatchback to make way for its new model. The new Ford Figo is expected to launch in India within a few months' time. It carries a lot of improvements over the outgoing model and was already unveiled globally back in June 2018.
The American-origin car company did considerably well last year, with multiple launches and updates across its portfolio. This includes the new Ford EcoSport S compact-SUV, Freestyle crossover hatchback and Aspire compact-sedan; among which the latter two are based on the new Ford Figo.
The updated Ford Figo is currently doing test rounds across India. We have also shared a few images of the new Figo running on public roads without any camouflage. Recently we shared an image of its 'Blu' variant (probably the CNG format) — check out the Ford Figo Blu edition here.
The latest Ford products in India are quite impressive in terms of design, driveability and value for money. For instance, the Ford Aspire is arguably the only compact-sedan in India which seems desirable even to hardcore automotive enthusiasts (they generally hate the weird proportions of the India-exclusive compact-sedan cars).
The current-generation Ford Figo was launched in India back in September 2015 at a starting price of Rs 4.29 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). The car was later accompanied by its driver-focussed sibling in 2017, the Ford Figo Sports Edition (or the Figo S). We had a lot of fun driving it back then at Little Rann of Kutch — read our detailed experience here.
Compared to the present-day hatchback standards, the Ford Figo and its Sports avatar are a bit behind in terms of equipment. It doesn't even come with a touchscreen infotainment system; something which is becoming common in cars that even belong to the budget segment.
Regarding the upcoming Ford Figo's specifications, it will sport the new 1.2-litre Dragon series three-cylinder petrol engine which debuted with the Freestyle. The power plant makes 95bhp and 120Nm of torque. The proven 1.5-litre 99bhp/215Nm diesel unit will also be on offer. The engines are mated to a five-speed manual (no news regarding an automatic transmission).
Expected prices for the new Ford Figo is in the range of Rs 6 – 9 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). Once launched, it will be a strong rival to the Maruti Suzuki Swift, Hyundai Elite i20 and Honda Jazz.
Thoughts On The New Ford Figo
Ford products have always had a special place in the Indian automotive community due to their fun-to-drive character. The new Ford Figo will deliver the exact same thing, but we are more excited about its 'S' variant. What about you?