- 1 hr ago MG ZS EV Bookings To Reopen On June 1: Will Be Introduced In Six New Cities
- 3 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV: Expected Launch Date, Prices, Specs, Features & Rivals Explained
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Facelift Global Debut Likely On June 4: Here Are All Details
- 6 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 10.79 Lakh
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Shri Krishna Tops The Chart; Devon Ke Dev Mahadev Re-Enters The Top 5 List
- Lifestyle Indo-Mediterranean Diet And Heart Health: What Is The Link?
- News Year of disappointment, disastrous management: Cong on Modi govt anniversary
- Sports After concussion substitute, will see Covid 19 substitute in England Test series?
- Technology TRAI Suggests 11 Digit Mobile Numbers In India
- Finance These Stocks Have Outdone Nifty's Fall In March; Gained Up To 78% During Lockdown
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Ford India has discontinued the Figo hatchback to make way for its new model. The new Ford Figo is expected to launch in India within a few months' time. It carries a lot of improvements over the outgoing model and was already unveiled globally back in June 2018.
The American-origin car company did considerably well last year, with multiple launches and updates across its portfolio. This includes the new Ford EcoSport S compact-SUV, Freestyle crossover hatchback and Aspire compact-sedan; among which the latter two are based on the new Ford Figo.
The updated Ford Figo is currently doing test rounds across India. We have also shared a few images of the new Figo running on public roads without any camouflage. Recently we shared an image of its 'Blu' variant (probably the CNG format) — check out the Ford Figo Blu edition here.
The latest Ford products in India are quite impressive in terms of design, driveability and value for money. For instance, the Ford Aspire is arguably the only compact-sedan in India which seems desirable even to hardcore automotive enthusiasts (they generally hate the weird proportions of the India-exclusive compact-sedan cars).
The current-generation Ford Figo was launched in India back in September 2015 at a starting price of Rs 4.29 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). The car was later accompanied by its driver-focussed sibling in 2017, the Ford Figo Sports Edition (or the Figo S). We had a lot of fun driving it back then at Little Rann of Kutch — read our detailed experience here.
Compared to the present-day hatchback standards, the Ford Figo and its Sports avatar are a bit behind in terms of equipment. It doesn't even come with a touchscreen infotainment system; something which is becoming common in cars that even belong to the budget segment.
Regarding the upcoming Ford Figo's specifications, it will sport the new 1.2-litre Dragon series three-cylinder petrol engine which debuted with the Freestyle. The power plant makes 95bhp and 120Nm of torque. The proven 1.5-litre 99bhp/215Nm diesel unit will also be on offer. The engines are mated to a five-speed manual (no news regarding an automatic transmission).
Expected prices for the new Ford Figo is in the range of Rs 6 – 9 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). Once launched, it will be a strong rival to the Maruti Suzuki Swift, Hyundai Elite i20 and Honda Jazz.
Thoughts On The New Ford Figo
Ford products have always had a special place in the Indian automotive community due to their fun-to-drive character. The new Ford Figo will deliver the exact same thing, but we are more excited about its 'S' variant. What about you?