- 12 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 15 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- News Bank Jobs: Nainital Bank clerk vacancies announced; How to apply for 100 bank clerk jobs
- Technology These Wireless Neckband Headphones In India Have Superior Battery Life
- Movies iSmart Shankar Worldwide Box Office Collections Day 5: Ram Pothineni Starrer Continues To Impress!
- Sports Mohammad Azharuddin urges MS Dhoni to play aggressively as long as he wishes plays for India
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
Ford India launched the facelifted 2019 version of the Endeavour at a starting price of Rs 28.19 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). The prices go all the way up to Rs 32.97 lakh for the top-of-the-line 3.2-litre automatic variant. The new Ford Endeavour brings subtle cosmetic updates on the exteriors in the form of a redesigned grille, updated bumpers and new 18-inch alloy wheels.
On the inside, the dashboard now gets a dual-tone black/beige theme. There are no other major feature additions other than the 'hands-free tailgate release' and 'push-button start/stop'.
That said, here are some top things to know about the 2019 Ford Endeavour:
Power And Torque
The 2019 Ford Endeavour retains the same diesel engine choices as before: 2.2-litre four-cylinder and 3.2-litre five-cylinder.
The 2.2-litre unit makes 158bhp and 385Nm of torque, and comes mated to either a six-speed manual or an automatic that drives the rear wheels. Meanwhile, the 3.2-litre power plants churn out 197bhp and 470Nm. The bigger engine is available only with a six-speed automatic transmission that sends power to all four wheels.
Mileage And Fuel Tank Capacity
The new Ford Endeavour's 2.2-litre and 3.2-litre power plants promise an ARAI-claimed mileage figure of 14.2km/l and 12.62km/l, respectively. The figures can slightly improve in the manual format.
Combined with the 80-litre fuel tank capacity, the 2019 Ford Endeavour gets a decent driving range on a full tank as well.
Seating Capacity And Boot Space
The Ford Endeavour competes in the seven-seater SUV segment currently dominated by the likes of the Toyota Fortuner. The leather seats inside offer enough comfort and ergonomics even in the third row.
The Endeavour comes with generous amounts of boot space. With all rows of seating up, boot space is limited to 450 litres and this can expand up to 2010 litres with the seats (second and third row are split-foldable) flat down.
Overall Dimensions And Turning Radius
The overall dimensions of the Ford Endeavour are as follows:
- Length — 4903mm
- Width — 1869mm
- Height — 1837mm
With a minimum turning radius of 6.10 metres, the Ford Endeavour might not be the best option in tight traffic conditions.
Ground Clearance And Tyre Size
Being a daily-usable off-roader, the Ford Endeavour rides pretty high to avoid obstacles from hitting its underbody. The ground clearance is set at 225mm.
Regarding tyre size, the 2019 Ford Endeavour runs on 265/60 R18 rubber. The spare is a 265/65 R17 steel wheel.
Variants And Colours
The 2019 Ford Endeavour is available in only two variants: Titanium (2.2-litre) and Titanium+ (3.2-litre).
The five-seater SUV comes with five colour choices: Diffused Silver (shown), Moondust Silver, Diamond White, Absolute Black and Sunset Red.
Thoughts On The New Ford Endeavour
The Ford Endeavour has always been a favourite among Indian SUV lovers. Sold as the Ford Everest in global markets, the first-generation Endeavour reached Indian markets back in 2003. The latest iteration of the iconic Ford seven-seater SUV is expected to grab decent sales. What do you think of the 2019 Endeavour? Let us know in the comment section below.