- 10 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 11 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- Technology These Wireless Neckband Headphones In India Have Superior Battery Life
- Movies iSmart Shankar Worldwide Box Office Collections Day 5: Ram Pothineni Starrer Continues To Impress!
- News UK High Court rules in favour of Indian banks, asks Mallya to disclose assets
- Sports Mohammad Azharuddin urges MS Dhoni to play aggressively as long as he wishes plays for India
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
Ford is all set to feature a virtual assistant in its cars and the assistant chosen in Amazon's Alexa. Alexa is the well-known name of Amazon's virtual assistant and will first be rolled out in Ford's cars internationally. Ford cars in India will feature Alexa starting 2020.
Ford cars have constantly been among the most well-built and reliable cars in the Indian market and are now more popular than ever before. The American car manufacturer offers top-notch features in its cars in terms of safety and technology.
When it comes to cars, the most accessible and most frequently used piece of technology is the infotainment display and stereo system. Ford cars already have one of the best infotainment units in the world — a Microsoft powered Sync3 system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Some cars even feature steering-mounted controls for the infotainment system.
However, Ford is now attempting to take the connectivity options in its cars to the next level. Having Amazon Echo's Alexa inside the car will change the way the car's functions are controlled.
Alexa will be integrated into the Microsoft Sync3 Applink and will be able to recognise multiple languages and dialects. Occupants of the car can call on Alexa to set the navigation route, get traffic updates, weather forecast, destination details, news, etc.
It can simply be asked to play some music and it will do so directly through the internet. The Alexa in your car can be paired with Amazon Echo's home device and it can control internet-based functions like turning on/off the lights, opening/closing garage doors, etc.
Going ahead, in the future, when electric cars and hybrids will dominate the roads, Alexa will be able to start the motors of the car, lock/unlock the doors and turn the air-conditioning on/off. According to Ford, Alexa will be implemented across the entire spectrum of Ford's cars in India.
Thoughts On Amazon Alexa In Ford India Cars
Most petrolheads usually like talking to their cars, and it usually is a one-way conversation. From 2020, if you drive a Ford, your car will be able to reply to your requests and answer your questions. Alexa being featured in a car opens up endless possibilities like changing drive modes using voice command, controlling and commanding car functions and features using voice command, etc.