- 1 day ago Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- 1 day ago New Bugatti Centodieci Unveiled: Pays Homage To 110 Years Of Bugatti & The Iconic EB110
- 1 day ago Emflux Two And Two+ Electric Motorcycle Teaser Reveals Performance And Range Figures
- 1 day ago New Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Launch On 20th August
- Sports Ashes 2019: Labuschagne steps up in Smith's absence as Australia survive Archer onslaught for Lord's draw
- Movies Karan Johar Calls Out A Troll Who Mocked His Sexuality!
- News Amit Shah says Congress has "no shame" as it continues to oppose "evil practice" of triple talaq
- Technology Difference between OpenGL and DirectX12
- Lifestyle How Can Birth Control Pills Affect A Woman's Life
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Pune based Force Motors has been retailing the current generation of the Force Gurkha for a few years now. The model has been upgraded a few times already and the last update saw the vehicle get ABS, seat belt reminder alarms, over-speed warning alarms, and rear parking sensors. The Force Gurkha sold, and sailed through with these changes but newer upgrades are needed in order for it to comply with new safety rules.
According to AutoCarIndia, Force Motors is working on a new generation Gurkha that will replace the current one. The new vehicle will arrive with a new body shell. This body shell is expected to pass the new crash test safety norms that will come into force on 1 October 2109.
Also confirmed is that the new Gurkha will be feature rich and offer 'more creature comforts'. Also the new Force Gurkha will go into production during December 2019. This means Force Motors may unveil or showcase the new Force Gurkha at the 2020 Auto Expo.
Outside of a new body shell, the Force Gurkha will feature an upgraded 2.2-litre BS-VI compliant diesel engine. The new engine is said to be sourced from Mercedes-Benz and sources say that it produces 140bhp of power. Force Motors may drop the current 85bhp engine in the new Gurkha.
The new Gurkha is expected to be build on the revised underpinnings that feature on the Gurkha Xtreme. The vehicle will also feature a new multi-link suspension system, a low range transfer case, and some off-road features.
We expect the new Force Gurkha to be launched some time during the second half of 2020. Obviously there are no details about prices, but we expect the new Force Gurkha to be priced around the Rs 14 lakh, ex-showroom, India.
The current Force Motors Gurkha Xtreme features a 2.2-litre inline four-cylinder CRDI engine that produces 140bhp @ 3,800rpm, and 321Nm of torque @ 1,600rpm. The engine is mated to 5-speed manual transmission. The vehicle is priced at Rs 13 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts About The Upcoming Force Gurkha
The Force Gurkha needed an upgrade and how. We personally know peeps who like the vehicle but hesitate to buy one because of the lack of safety features. Now that there is a new generation variant on the horizon, there appears to be hope for potential buyers. Force Motors will have to price the vehicle very competitively if they want to capture a bigger percentage of the current market segment.