- 22 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 24 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 24 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 1 day ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- News Patnaik set for record fifth term as Odisha CM, swearing-in-ceremony on May 29
- Sports Convincing win against India gives us confidence, says Boult
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Movies India's Most Wanted SECOND DAY Box Office Collection: Arjun Kapoor's Film Continues To Crawl!
- Lifestyle 5 Papaya Face Masks To Remove Facial Hair
- Technology China Unicom announces world's first Super 5G SIM with 128 GB storage
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Pune based Force Motors has been retailing the current generation of the Force Gurkha for a few years now. The model has been upgraded a few times already and the last update saw the vehicle get ABS, seat belt reminder alarms, over-speed warning alarms, and rear parking sensors. The Force Gurkha sold, and sailed through with these changes but newer upgrades are needed in order for it to comply with new safety rules.
According to AutoCarIndia, Force Motors is working on a new generation Gurkha that will replace the current one. The new vehicle will arrive with a new body shell. This body shell is expected to pass the new crash test safety norms that will come into force on 1 October 2109.
Also confirmed is that the new Gurkha will be feature rich and offer 'more creature comforts'. Also the new Force Gurkha will go into production during December 2019. This means Force Motors may unveil or showcase the new Force Gurkha at the 2020 Auto Expo.
Outside of a new body shell, the Force Gurkha will feature an upgraded 2.2-litre BS-VI compliant diesel engine. The new engine is said to be sourced from Mercedes-Benz and sources say that it produces 140bhp of power. Force Motors may drop the current 85bhp engine in the new Gurkha.
The new Gurkha is expected to be build on the revised underpinnings that feature on the Gurkha Xtreme. The vehicle will also feature a new multi-link suspension system, a low range transfer case, and some off-road features.
We expect the new Force Gurkha to be launched some time during the second half of 2020. Obviously there are no details about prices, but we expect the new Force Gurkha to be priced around the Rs 14 lakh, ex-showroom, India.
The current Force Motors Gurkha Xtreme features a 2.2-litre inline four-cylinder CRDI engine that produces 140bhp @ 3,800rpm, and 321Nm of torque @ 1,600rpm. The engine is mated to 5-speed manual transmission. The vehicle is priced at Rs 13 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts About The Upcoming Force Gurkha
The Force Gurkha needed an upgrade and how. We personally know peeps who like the vehicle but hesitate to buy one because of the lack of safety features. Now that there is a new generation variant on the horizon, there appears to be hope for potential buyers. Force Motors will have to price the vehicle very competitively if they want to capture a bigger percentage of the current market segment.