- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 1 day ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- News In these 3 villages in Gujarat, the groom’s sister is married to the bride
- Sports World Cup 2019: Pakistan can break their six-match losing streak in big event against India, says Inzamam
- Technology How to view hidden files on Android?
- Movies Maharshi AP/TS Box Office Collections Day 17: Mahesh Babu’s Movie Continues Its Good Run
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Lifestyle 5 Papaya Face Masks To Remove Facial Hair
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Toyota and Suzuki signed an agreement last year, and they agreed to cross-badge cars, plug gaps in their portfolios and to swap technology. The Toyota Glanza is the first product of this partnership. Set to be launched soon, here are five things you should know about the Toyota Glanza, Toyota's version of the Baleno.
1. Looks Like The Baleno
Toyota recently released a teaser of the Glanza. The teaser confirmed that the Glanza look almost like the Baleno. The car does feature a re-worked grille and re-worked bumpers. While Toyota may change the headlights and taillights, the rest of the features remain the same. The Toyota Glanza will feature the same 17-inch alloys that are currently on the Baleno. We expect the interiors to be almost the same as well.
2. Only A Petrol Version Will Be Available
Most manufacturers are letting go of their smaller capacity diesel engines because of the strict BS-VI emission norms, and Toyota may follow. We expect that the Toyota Glanza will be offered with the newest engine on the Baleno, the 1.2-litre DualJet, Dual VVT petrol engine with a mild hybrid technology. If it does feature this engine with a CVT transmission, then it will be Toyota Glanza exclusive. The Baleno powered by the DualJet engine is available with manual transmission only.
3. Equipment And Pricing
The equipment featured on the Toyota Glanza is expected to be the same as those on the Baleno. Meaning the Glanza will feature dual front airbags, ISOFIX child seat anchors, ABS with EBD, forward seat belts with pre-tensioners and load limiters, rear parking sensors, and warning systems for high speed, seat belts and open doors.
The Baleno does feature some premium equipment with on its middle and top-spec variants. These features include LED projector head lamps, auto climate control, a 7-inch touchscreen, UV-cut glasses, and a rear view camera. We expect the Glanza to come equipped with all the above.
4. Bookings, Variants, And Launch
Booking for the Toyota Glanza are expected to open during the first week of June, and we expect the launch during the second or third week of June. Baleno's top spec Alpha trim will definitely be featured, and the base-spec variant could either be the Delta trim or the Zeta trim from the Baleno stable.
5. First Test And First Results Of The Toyota Suzuki Partnership
While the Toyota Glanza is the first product of this partnership, it will not be the last. The Glanza will be the first true test of the Toyota Suzuki partnership. Both manufacturers are hoping the vehicle is a runaway success, and that will pave the way for the next line up of cars that Toyota will launch under it's name - the Ciaz, the Brezza, and the Ertiga.
Having said that, the Glanza is expected to be more premium that the Baleno. One reason is the mild hybrid CVT power-train. We also expect the Toyota Glanza to offer better standard warranty to justify its pricing. Toyota currently offers the Yaris and the Etios Liva with a 3 year/ 1 lakh kilometer warranty in comparison to Maruti who offers a 2 year/ 40,000 kilometer warranty on the Baleno.
Thoughts About The Five Things To Know About The Toyota Glanza
While the heart of the vehicle will be a Maruti Suzuki, small changes to the exterior, the Toyota badging, Toyota servicing and the Toyota developed warranty will give it a premium feel. We are still unsure if the Toyota badge will be justified via the Glanza. All we do fo now is wait and watch. And eventually test the vehicle out.