- 5 min ago BMW G 310 R & G 310 GS BS6 India Launch Timeline Revealed: Will Rival KTM Duke 390 & Adventure 390
- 54 min ago Okinawa Mobile App Launched In India For Connected Scooters: Remote Immobilizer & Others
- 2 hrs ago First New Mahindra Thar Auctioned At Rs 1.1 Crore: Here’s The Speciality Of No.1 Thar
- 16 hrs ago Renault Kiger Launch India Launch Delayed To Next Year: Here Are All Details
- News Priyanka Gandhi slams CM Yogi Adityanath on death of Hathras gang-rape victim
- Movies Oscar Winner Barry Jenkins To Direct The Lion King Prequel
- Sports IPL 2020: Shreyas Iyer says Delhi Capitals were done in by two-paced pitch
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In October 2020
- Finance Amazon One: Amazon's Innovation Allows Payments By Waving Palm
- Lifestyle Major Missing: Sobhita Dhulipala’s Glamorous Fashion Moments And This Look Of Hers Is Our Favourite
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Watch Revolve Launched With AMOLED Display: Should You Buy?
- Education Shekhar Kapur Appointed As President of FTII Society and Chairman of Governing Council of FTII
Maruti Suzuki recently launched the new Alto 800 that features a BS-VI compliant engine. The Alto 800 is the second vehicle from Maruti to feature a BS-VI compliant engine. In addition, they have just delivered the first unit ever.
According to GaadiWaadi, Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) launched the new Alto 800 on 23 April this year. The new car featured subtle changes to the exteriors. It now features a new mesh grille in the front, new bumpers, and new fenders. The side profile of the car remains unchanged but Maruti has removed the '800' and the Maruti Suzuki badge that was present at the rear.
The interiors remain largely similar to the older models with the changes coming to new air conditioning vents and new bottle storage spaces. There are no more changes to either design, layout, or features within the interiors.
The new 2019 Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 is powered by a 796cc three-cylinder petrol engine that produces 48bhp of power and 69Nm or torque. The engine comes mated to a 5-speed transmission. Maruti says the car delivers a high fuel effiency of 22.05 kilometers to a litre.
The 2019 Alto 800 features ABS with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution, a drivers side airbag, seat belt reminders for both the driver and co-passenger, and a smart infotainment system that supports Bluetooth. The vehicle also features keyless entry.
There were reports and rumors that the Alto was to go out of production after April 2019 because the upgrades to the engine and safety features would make the car more expensive. Maruti however continues to retail it's top-selling small car.
The new 2019 Maruti Suzuki Alto is priced between Rs 2.94 lakh and Rs 3.72 lakh, ex-showroom (India). It is available in six different colours — Granite Grey, Cerulian Blue, Mojito Green, Uptown Red, Silky Silver, and Superior White.
Thoughts About The First BS-VI Alto 800 Being Delivered
Maruti Suzuki has always been on top of the their game and rightly so. They are automotive leaders in the country and the largest manufacturer of cars. Good to see them launching BS-VI compliant engines faster than the deadline. Time to take a drive.