- 9 hrs ago Yamaha MT-15 Sales Crosses 15,000 Units Within Six Months Of Its Launch In India
- 11 hrs ago Traffic Fines In Bangalore Reduced: State Government Announces Revised Fines Under New MVA
- 13 hrs ago Top-Selling MPVs In India For August 2019: Renault Triber Enters Top-5 While Maruti Ertiga Leads
- 1 day ago Gaurav Gill Involved In An Accident During The INRC At Jodhpur: Three Dead Including A Minor
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai Is Rock Steady At First Place; Shakti Out Of TRP Race
- News PM tears into Pakistan at 'Howdy Modi', says "Its a breeding ground of terrorism"
- Sports Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool: Joy of six for Klopp's men
- Lifestyle Comfrey: Health Benefits, Side Effects, Prevention And Drug Interaction
- Technology Here's The Proper Way To Backup Android Devices
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Maruti Suzuki recently launched the new Alto 800 that features a BS-VI compliant engine. The Alto 800 is the second vehicle from Maruti to feature a BS-VI compliant engine. In addition, they have just delivered the first unit ever.
According to GaadiWaadi, Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) launched the new Alto 800 on 23 April this year. The new car featured subtle changes to the exteriors. It now features a new mesh grille in the front, new bumpers, and new fenders. The side profile of the car remains unchanged but Maruti has removed the '800' and the Maruti Suzuki badge that was present at the rear.
The interiors remain largely similar to the older models with the changes coming to new air conditioning vents and new bottle storage spaces. There are no more changes to either design, layout, or features within the interiors.
The new 2019 Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 is powered by a 796cc three-cylinder petrol engine that produces 48bhp of power and 69Nm or torque. The engine comes mated to a 5-speed transmission. Maruti says the car delivers a high fuel effiency of 22.05 kilometers to a litre.
The 2019 Alto 800 features ABS with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution, a drivers side airbag, seat belt reminders for both the driver and co-passenger, and a smart infotainment system that supports Bluetooth. The vehicle also features keyless entry.
There were reports and rumors that the Alto was to go out of production after April 2019 because the upgrades to the engine and safety features would make the car more expensive. Maruti however continues to retail it's top-selling small car.
The new 2019 Maruti Suzuki Alto is priced between Rs 2.94 lakh and Rs 3.72 lakh, ex-showroom (India). It is available in six different colours — Granite Grey, Cerulian Blue, Mojito Green, Uptown Red, Silky Silver, and Superior White.
Thoughts About The First BS-VI Alto 800 Being Delivered
Maruti Suzuki has always been on top of the their game and rightly so. They are automotive leaders in the country and the largest manufacturer of cars. Good to see them launching BS-VI compliant engines faster than the deadline. Time to take a drive.