- 1 hr ago High Note Performance To Import S&S Exhausts For Royal Enfield 650 Twins
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra Launches All New Bolero Camper Gold ZX — Still Trying To Be A Truck
- 2 hrs ago Isuzu V Cross Facelift Features 20 New Upgrades — Updates, Upgrades, And Prices
- 2 hrs ago Kawasaki Z250 Discontinued — Officially Removed From Company Website
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Pitches for white ball cricket in England are flattest in world: Bumrah
- Finance NCLT Admits Insolvency Plea Against Jet Airways
- News Kerala offers 20 lakh litres drinking water, TN rejects it
- Lifestyle International Day Of Yoga 2019: 10 Yoga Poses To Get Rid Of Belly Fat
- Movies Sanaya Irani, Barun Sobti & His Wife Pashmeen Are Friends Forever; These Pictures Are The Proof!
- Technology Infinix Hot7Pro Up For Sale With Launch Offer – All You Need To Know
- Education CHSE Result 2019: Steps To Check Odisha +2 Result For Arts And Commerce Streams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
The newly-unveiled Bentley Bentayga Speed has just become the fastest 'production' SUV in the world, with a top speed of 306km/h; beating the Lamborghini Urus's previous record by just one unit. The top speed of Bentley Bentayga Speed is currently just an official claim even though we do not doubt the capabilities of the mighty W12 mill.
The Bentley Bentayga Speed has been designed, developed and handcrafted in its home in Great Britain and is the third and most performance-oriented iteration of the SUV. The Bentley Bentayga first appeared in a W12 format (which was also the world's fastest SUV back then), followed by a sportier V8 avatar.
Besides holding the prestigious title of being the fastest SUV in the world for the second time, the Bentley Bentayga also holds the record for the shortest Pikes Peak International Hill Climb run, for a production-SUV. In short, the Bentley Bentayga brings the best of both worlds: luxury and performance.
To create its own identity, the Bentayga Speed comes with some unique aesthetic details such as the blacked-out headlamps and front grille, body-coloured side skirts, new 22-inch wheels (available in three shades), a larger tailgate spoiler and a signature 'Speed' badging on the fender streaks.
Inside, the ultra-luxury SUV brings the epitome of plushness and fine English craftsmanship; further made special with 'Speed' signatures in the form of leather, metal and illumination. For the first time ever, the Bentayga gets Alcantara treatment as well.
Listing out all the cool features and equipment on offer would be a bit demanding. While the standard package is overwhelming enough, the optional extras (that cost a bomb) can make the Bentayga a technology-and-luxury powerhouse.
Some of the main highlights include the all-wheel-drive system with Electronic Differential Lock, multiple driving modes, carbon ceramic brakes, ambient lighting, 22-way adjustable front seats with massaging, carbon fibre panels and Bentley's Rear-Seat Entertainment (RSE) package; to name a few.
Regarding specifications, the Bentley Bentayga Speed is powered by a 6.0-litre twin-turbo W12 petrol engine that now makes 626bhp, but the same 900Nm of torque. The engine is mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission which promises a sportscar-like 0-100km/h acceleration time of 3.9 seconds (the Lamborghini Urus does this in 3.6 seconds).
Thoughts On The Fastest SUV In The World
The automotive world has come to a point where SUVs are judged by its capabilities on well-paved and open roads rather than over challenging uneven terrains. The Bentayga is still an effortless off-roader (so is the Lamborghini Urus, Porsche Cayenne Turbo S E-Hybrid, Range Rover Sport SVR or Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio) and we really think that it should break records to give justice to its SUV DNA rather than trying to be a supercar.