- 19 min ago BattRE Electric Scooter Discounts & Benefits: Low Interest Rate & Other Offers Available
- 27 min ago Delhi To Receive 100 More Cluster Buses This Week: More Buses Every Month
- 46 min ago Top-Selling Scooters In India For September 2019: Honda Activa Continues To Maintain Lead In Segment
- 1 hr ago 2020 Skoda Octavia Official Image Leaked Ahead Of 11 November Unveil
- News Western UP has turned into a mini-Pakistan: Sadhvi Prachi
- Movies Nach Baliye 9: Host Maniesh Paul And Judge Ahmed Khan Spar On Sets
- Sports La Liga season's first El Clasico rescheduled for December 18
- Lifestyle B’day Girl Malaika Arora And Other Bollywood Celebs Stunned In Their Chic Outfits At The Bash
- Technology ACT Fibernet Offering Five FlexyBytes+ Topup Vouchers
- Finance How To Check For Your Name On The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana List?
- Travel How Vacation Expectations Can Ruin Your Trip!
- Education Top 10 Universities In QS India University Rankings 2020
The newly-unveiled Bentley Bentayga Speed has just become the fastest 'production' SUV in the world, with a top speed of 306km/h; beating the Lamborghini Urus's previous record by just one unit. The top speed of Bentley Bentayga Speed is currently just an official claim even though we do not doubt the capabilities of the mighty W12 mill.
The Bentley Bentayga Speed has been designed, developed and handcrafted in its home in Great Britain and is the third and most performance-oriented iteration of the SUV. The Bentley Bentayga first appeared in a W12 format (which was also the world's fastest SUV back then), followed by a sportier V8 avatar.
Besides holding the prestigious title of being the fastest SUV in the world for the second time, the Bentley Bentayga also holds the record for the shortest Pikes Peak International Hill Climb run, for a production-SUV. In short, the Bentley Bentayga brings the best of both worlds: luxury and performance.
To create its own identity, the Bentayga Speed comes with some unique aesthetic details such as the blacked-out headlamps and front grille, body-coloured side skirts, new 22-inch wheels (available in three shades), a larger tailgate spoiler and a signature 'Speed' badging on the fender streaks.
Inside, the ultra-luxury SUV brings the epitome of plushness and fine English craftsmanship; further made special with 'Speed' signatures in the form of leather, metal and illumination. For the first time ever, the Bentayga gets Alcantara treatment as well.
Listing out all the cool features and equipment on offer would be a bit demanding. While the standard package is overwhelming enough, the optional extras (that cost a bomb) can make the Bentayga a technology-and-luxury powerhouse.
Some of the main highlights include the all-wheel-drive system with Electronic Differential Lock, multiple driving modes, carbon ceramic brakes, ambient lighting, 22-way adjustable front seats with massaging, carbon fibre panels and Bentley's Rear-Seat Entertainment (RSE) package; to name a few.
Regarding specifications, the Bentley Bentayga Speed is powered by a 6.0-litre twin-turbo W12 petrol engine that now makes 626bhp, but the same 900Nm of torque. The engine is mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission which promises a sportscar-like 0-100km/h acceleration time of 3.9 seconds (the Lamborghini Urus does this in 3.6 seconds).
Thoughts On The Fastest SUV In The World
The automotive world has come to a point where SUVs are judged by its capabilities on well-paved and open roads rather than over challenging uneven terrains. The Bentayga is still an effortless off-roader (so is the Lamborghini Urus, Porsche Cayenne Turbo S E-Hybrid, Range Rover Sport SVR or Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio) and we really think that it should break records to give justice to its SUV DNA rather than trying to be a supercar.