- 1 day ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 1 day ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 2 days ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 3 days ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- Technology List Of Realme Smartphones Expected To Launch In 2020
- Movies Star Screen Awards Red Carpet Pics: Deepika Padukone Turns Heads In A Brand New Avatar; Looks Wow
- Sports I-League 2019-20: Preview: Indian Arrows and Aizawl both look focused in their quest for first win
- News Karnataka By-Election Results 2019 LIVE: Counting to begin at 8 am
- Lifestyle Kriti Sanon And Other Divas Have Office Wear Ideas Based On Your Different Work Modes
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Indian battery manufacturer Exide Industries, recently unveiled their Neo electric rickshaw to the Indian market. The company will sell the e-rickshaw at select states which includes West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, North East; among others.
Most of the components apart from the battery in the e-rickshaw are sourced from China. However, the company plans to increase the more parts sourced from India in the coming days. At present, the e-rickshaws made by Exide have 15-20 per cent component sourced inside the country.
Gautam Chatterjee, MD and CEO, Exide Industries, said,
"The e-rickshaw category has seen phenomenal growth in India in the last few years and we have been an integral part of it since inception, through our offerings of robust lead-acid batteries. We see a tremendous opportunity to now offer a complete, technologically advanced package to the e-rickshaw operator that will be reliable with the least downtime."
The Exide Neo will be manufactured at the company's Dankuni plant near Kolkata, with an annual capacity of 15,000 units. Although the battery specification was not revealed at the unveiling, the e-rickshaw will feature a lithium-ion battery. The company also plans to introduce a leasing or financing option with the model for easy ownership.
The Neo electric rickshaw comes equipped with a host of features including a rear-view camera, for added safety. It also includes a rear-view mirrors which include an LCD display to support the rear-view camera. Other features on the Exide Neo include an LCD instrument cluster, an FM radio transmitter, an USB slot to charge your phone.
The safety on the Neo is further enhanced with the front of rickshaw featuring a high grade steel for better impact resistance and a hard top ABS roof for extra rigidity of the rickshaw.
Arun Mittal, Director Automotive, Exide Industries said, to develop the e-rickshaw company was working closely with e-rickshaw operators for a long time. The feedback provided by the drivers enabled the company to design the most suitable vehicle for the Indian conditions that would offer an enhanced and completely packaged solution to customers. Features like the rearview camera, LCD instrumentation panel and critical safety enhancement features like ABS roofing and high quality steel-reinforced front panel have been incorporated in the Exide Neo.
Thoughts About The Exide Neo Electric Rickshaw Unveiled In India
Exide's first product seems promising by getting equipped with a host of features. India is certainly making the shift from conventional gasoline mobility to environmental friendly green vehicles. To support the shift auto manufacturers are coming up with new models in electric vehicles segment frequently and new companies like Exide are venturing out into the EV market with new products as well.