- 10 hrs ago Mahindra Thar 700 Launched In India At Rs 9.99 Lakh — Limited Numbers Of A Fantastic SUV
- 10 hrs ago MG Motors Plans To Launch eZS All Electric SUV — Slated For Late 2019
- 11 hrs ago Renault Triber Teased Ahead Of Global Unveil
- 12 hrs ago Tata Tigor Automatic Launched In India — Prices Start At Rs 6.39 Lakh
- Technology Best Samsung Smartphones With USB Type-C Port To Buy Under Rs. 20,000
- News Cyclone Vayu, headed for North Gujarat, to weaken further
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Super Shakib inspires Bangladesh to thumping win over Windies
- Lifestyle 8 Astonishing Health Benefits Of Drinking Cucumber Juice
- Movies Bepannaah’s Harshad Chopda On His Secret Girlfriend; Reveals Awkward Moment About Intimate Scene!
- Finance Nifty Earnings For Jan-Mar Touched 5-Quarter Low
- Education RSOS 10th Result 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Elon Musk is once again in the headlines and it is once again for making an announcement on twitter that could very well change the way the world thinks and functions. Elon Musk reiterated that he had released all of Tesla's patents in order to save the earth.
All the patents were released for anyone to use it to fight climate change and global warming. The first of the series of tweets read: "All our patent are belong to you" and enclosed was the link to a blog dated June 12, 2014.
The blog post was written by Elon Musk himself as the CEO of Tesla Motors. In the very beginning of the blog, Elon Musk mentioned that all of Tesla's patents have been removed off the wall at their headquarters in Palo Alto, California, USA as a part of the open source movement.
It further goes on to stress that Tesla was created to accelerate the advent of sustainable transport.
"I thought patents were a good thing and worked hard to obtain them. And maybe they were good long ago, but too often these days they serve merely to stifle progress, entrench the positions of giant corporations and enrich those in the legal profession, rather than the actual inventors." said Musk in the blog.
With the above statement, Musk made it clear that receiving patents wasn't the Intention. And then he went on to write: "Our true competition is not the small trickle of non-Tesla electric cars being produced, but rather the enormous flood of gasoline cars pouring out of the world's factories every day."
By saying this, Musk opened up all of tesla's patents to the world and Tesla would not sue anyone who would want to use the company's technology in good faith. In his next tweet, Musk once again reiterated his statement about gasoline cars being Tesla's true competition.
Further in his series of tweets posted on Thursday, Musk quoted a media report that spoke of Tesla's profit while several other electric vehicle manufacturers are coming up with electric vehicles.
Some of these electric vehicles have the capability to stand up to some Tesla models, while others cannot. But it does seem like Musk's ambition of having the entire electric vehicle industry grow using technology similar to that of Tesla is coming true.
Thoughts On Tesla Patents Being Opened Up For All To Use
Elon Musk is probably one of the greatest visionaries of our time. His inventions and thoughts have changed the way the world looks at electric vehicles and the EV industry on whole too has changed. With his reiteration on Tesla's patents being open to the world, Musk is expecting more electric vehicles to be launched and that is just what would happen over the next few years.