- 4 hrs ago Independence Day: Official State Car Of The President Of India Is A Mercedes-Maybach S600 Pullman
- 5 hrs ago Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 Review: The Most Capable Off-Roader With An Affordable Price Tag!
- 5 hrs ago Tata HBX Spied Testing Once Again Ahead Of India Launch: Details & Specifications
- 6 hrs ago 2020 Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Spotted At Dealer Yard Ahead Of Launch This Month
- Sports Just because there is SOP, I won't lock myself in room: Arun Lal
- Movies Naagin 4 Fame Jasmin Bhasin Says She Wants To Try More Comedy After Working With Bharti Singh
- News No compromise on territorial integrity: India to China during 5th round of military talks
- Finance How To Pick The Right Gold Investment?
- Technology Meet Dodo Drop App, An Alternative To Chinese File-Sharing Apps
- Lifestyle Gayatri Japam 2020: Muhurta And Significance Of This Day
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Electric Vehicles in India have been receiving a lot of support in the recent past and are becoming more desirable. Now, Mahindra & Mahindra has launched a new technology-based electric vehicle service in Mumbai. Called the 'Mahindra Glyde', the initiative was introduced with a batch of 10 e-Verito electric sedans in the city.
Mahindra Glyde is aimed to drive a positive shift towards a "smart, sustainable and experiential" mode of transport. The EV division of the legendary Indian automaker has partnered with Vodafone-Idea, Cisco Systems and some other major players in the industry to promote the initiative.
Speaking about Mahindra Glyd, Pawan Goenka, Managing Director of Mahindra & Mahindra shared, "The company has from time to time provided innovative and first of its kind e-mobility solutions. Glyd is one such flagship premium e-mobility solution to redefine the in-commute experience of daily commuters."
"Going forward we plan to launch multiple e-mobility solutions, across cities," he further added.
If you wish to know how much India has progressed in the field of electric mobility — click here to know all the latest EV news and updates.
The Mahindra e-Verito fleet coming under Glyde will offer a premium riding experience. It is mainly targeted at office-going individuals. Various amenities such as web-conferencing, curated entertainment choices and updated music collection ensure a productive as well as an interesting mode of commute.
In addition to the above-mentioned highlights, Mahindra Glyde also features a privacy screen, air purifier and soothing cabin illumination. Put together, the Mahindra Electric's new e-mobility initiative is definitely worth trying out if you reside in Mumbai.
Besides the e-Verito, Mahindra Electric also sells the e2O hatchback, eSupro van and Treo electric three-wheeler. Even though all these products sell in much seller numbers compared to their conventional fossil-fuel-powered competitors, the demand has shot up by a good margin, especially in urban environments.
Thoughts On Electric Vehicles In India
India is still at growing stage when it comes to efficient and desirable electric products. However, thanks to EV brands such as Mahindra Electric, the e-mobility sector in the country is witnessing a positive change in the right direction. Would you choose an electric two/three/four-wheeler over a petrol/diesel vehicle? Let us know in the comment section below.