- 3 hrs ago 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon To Be Called Moab In India
- 4 hrs ago 45 At An Auction And Everything Else — A List Of Motorcycles That Could Have Been
- 5 hrs ago Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 54.90 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago Ford Teams Up With Volkswagen For EVs By 2023 — Ford To Use VWs MEB Platform
- News 15 dead, 43 lakh people affected as Assam floods turns critical
- Finance June Trade Deficit Narrows To $15.28 Billion; Exports Fall
- Sports MS Dhoni could be axed from Team India if he doesn't retire; Virat Kohli's captaincy to be reviewed: Reports
- Movies Aditi Prabhudeva Says Her Hit Song Shane Top Agavle Represents Girl’s Point Of View
- Technology Realme X Review: New Benchmark To Beat In Sub 20K Price-Point
- Lifestyle Guru Purnima 2019: Messages And Quotes To Wish Your Guru
- Education ICAR AIEEA Result 2019 Likely To Be Released On This Date
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Electric Vehicles in India have been receiving a lot of support in the recent past and are becoming more desirable. Now, Mahindra & Mahindra has launched a new technology-based electric vehicle service in Mumbai. Called the 'Mahindra Glyde', the initiative was introduced with a batch of 10 e-Verito electric sedans in the city.
Mahindra Glyde is aimed to drive a positive shift towards a "smart, sustainable and experiential" mode of transport. The EV division of the legendary Indian automaker has partnered with Vodafone-Idea, Cisco Systems and some other major players in the industry to promote the initiative.
Speaking about Mahindra Glyd, Pawan Goenka, Managing Director of Mahindra & Mahindra shared, "The company has from time to time provided innovative and first of its kind e-mobility solutions. Glyd is one such flagship premium e-mobility solution to redefine the in-commute experience of daily commuters."
"Going forward we plan to launch multiple e-mobility solutions, across cities," he further added.
If you wish to know how much India has progressed in the field of electric mobility — click here to know all the latest EV news and updates.
The Mahindra e-Verito fleet coming under Glyde will offer a premium riding experience. It is mainly targeted at office-going individuals. Various amenities such as web-conferencing, curated entertainment choices and updated music collection ensure a productive as well as an interesting mode of commute.
In addition to the above-mentioned highlights, Mahindra Glyde also features a privacy screen, air purifier and soothing cabin illumination. Put together, the Mahindra Electric's new e-mobility initiative is definitely worth trying out if you reside in Mumbai.
Besides the e-Verito, Mahindra Electric also sells the e2O hatchback, eSupro van and Treo electric three-wheeler. Even though all these products sell in much seller numbers compared to their conventional fossil-fuel-powered competitors, the demand has shot up by a good margin, especially in urban environments.
Thoughts On Electric Vehicles In India
India is still at growing stage when it comes to efficient and desirable electric products. However, thanks to EV brands such as Mahindra Electric, the e-mobility sector in the country is witnessing a positive change in the right direction. Would you choose an electric two/three/four-wheeler over a petrol/diesel vehicle? Let us know in the comment section below.