- 1 hr ago DSK Owned Benelli & Hyosung Motorcycles Up For Grabs – Will Be Available Through Online Auction Only
- 1 hr ago Top-Selling Scooters In India For June 2019 — Honda Activa Continues To Remain Unbeatable
- 1 hr ago Rs 9 Lakh For A Scooter? Honda Forza 300 Premium Maxi-Scooter To Be Launched In India
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Organizes Mega Experience Service Camp In India — Existing Customers Get Educated
- Education Chandrayaan 2: Free Online Courses In Aerospace Engineering Offered By HRD Ministry's Swayam Portal
- Lifestyle Margot Robbie Pays Tribute To The 60s Fashion With Her Flowy And Delicate White Gown
- Sports Post Lasith Malinga, Sri Lanka bowling has a mountain to scale
- Technology Asus ROG Phone II Launched – Other Gaming Smartphones That Might Face The Heat
- News Revealed: The child in Modi’s arms, who he called a special friend in Parliament
- Movies Nerkonda Paarvai First Review: Ajith Kumar Shines In The 'Best Tamil Film' Of The Year
- Finance 4 Best Small Cap Mutual Funds To Buy
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
India's first fully-electric taxi fleet has been launched by Gensol Mobility. The fully-electric taxi fleet, BLU-SMART will operate in the Delhi-NCR region. The fleet will initially operate 70 cars, which will be expanded to 400 by the end of March-2019.
The BLU-SMART fleet will be available in Noida, Greater Noida, Gurugram and Aerocity. These EV taxis will offer last mile solutions for intra- and inter-city trips for passengers. The fleet will also offer shared travel solutions and will not come with any surge-prices.
The initiative is by Gensol Mobility, who apart from the electric taxi fleet will also set up charging stations across the NCR region. Gensol Mobility has invested Rs 50 crore as capital expenditure to set up 65 electric vehicles charging infrastructure.
Each of the 65 stations will come with 20 charging points. This will assure electric vehicle owners access to a charging point within a 5km radius. BLU-SMART is already said to have set up 18 charging stations across the region.
Anmol Singh Jaggi, Promoter Gensol Mobility Private Ltd, says, "Green and pollution free existence is the mantra for human life, so smart and pollution free mobility can never be far. We at BLU-SMART, strongly believe that the next revolution is in the electric vehicle space and being a technology-driven organization, we had to venture into offering this mobility solution."
Jaggi, further added that the BLU-SMART electric taxi fleet will not compete against other popular app-based cab services available in the country. However, they will be a more environmental-friendly alternative to them. He stated, "We are not a competition to current app-based cabs services, but a mere greener alternative to them. And we provide assurance as our drivers will never refuse a ride."
Gensol has currently partnered with Mahindra Electric for the e-Verito offerings in their fleet. They are also in talks with other companies such as Tata Motors and Nissan to procure the Tigor EV and the Leaf from the respective brands.
Thoughts On India's First 100 Percent Electric Taxi Fleet
BLU-SMART by Gensol Mobility is India's first 100 per cent electric taxi fleet. The company has initially started its operations in New Delhi - NCR region, which is expected to expand to other cities in the future. The electric taxi fleet provides last mile solutions for passengers, without ever refusing a ride.