- 1 hr ago Flash Electronics Files Suit Against Royal Enfield — Are The Good Times Over?
- 2 hrs ago Harley Davidson To Launch Sub-500cc Motorcycles Next Year — Are The Americans Up To It?
- 2 hrs ago Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Set For 2020 India Launch
- 3 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Vs Ford EcoSport Vs Tata Nexon — Which Will Come Out On Top?
- News Eiffel Tower evacuated after man climbs the Paris landmark
- Sports Teams will probably be most fearful of Australia, says Steve Waugh
- Movies When This Popular Actor Found Himself In A Soup Due To His 'Hot Jalebi' Remark About Anushka Shetty
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019 Will Be Declared Tomorrow At 11 AM
- Lifestyle Foods That Help You Heal After Quitting Smoking
- Finance How To Choose Between Fixed And Floating Interest Rate On Home Loan?
- Technology Honor 20 series to be available on Flipkart: Here are the details
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Groupe PSA is said to be testing its DS7 Crossback SUV in the Indian market. The DS7 Crossback SUV has been spied testing in India for the first time by carandbike, ahead of its expected launch in 2020.
The DS brand is a subsidiary of Citroen and the Crossback SUV is expected to be the first product from the brand in the Indian market. The spy pics of the DS7 Crossback SUV has been spied without any camouflage, showcasing its complete exterior design.
The DS7 Crossback will be part of PSA's EMP2 platform and will be assembled at its plant in Hosur, Tamil Nadu. The company will be investing a total of Rs 600 crore in its manufacturing plant in India, providing employment to over 800 people.
PSA has a 50:50 joint venture with CK Birla, towards their recently inaugurated powertrain plant. The new plant will manufacture gearboxes for both the Indian market as well as for Groupe PSA.
The state-of-the-art manufacturing plant is said to have an initial production capacity of 3 lakh transmissions and 2 lakh BS-VI compliant engines annually.
Coming to the DS7 Crossback SUV itself, very little information is available regarding the India-spec model. However, reports do suggest that the India-spec DS7 Crossback will feature a 2.0-litre diesel and 1.6-litre petrol engine options. Both engines will further be mated to an eight-speed automatic gearbox. PSA might also introduce a plug-in hybrid for the Indian market at a later stage.
Thoughts On Groupe PSA DS7 Crossback SUV
The DS7 Crossback SUV is a premium offering from Groupe PSA. If launched in India the DS7 Crossback SUV will take on the German rivals such as the Audi Q3 and the BMW X1. However, it is still unsure if Groupe PSA is bringing in the DS7 or just testing the platform for different a different product in the Indian market. Groupe PSA owns brands such as the Citroen, Vauxhall, Opel and Peugeot.