- 1 hr ago Jawa Owners F’rust’rated With Quality Of Motorcycles: Is This The Beginning Of The End?
- 3 hrs ago KTM Put Rumors To Rest By Shipping Duke 790s To Dealerships Across The Country
- 5 hrs ago Will BS-IV Vehicles Purchased Till March 2020 Remain Operational: Here's The Government's Decision
- 7 hrs ago Jawa Owners Cancel Bookings: Delivery Estimator Shows Increased Waiting Period & Other Problems
- Movies Bhumi Pednekar Is NOT Dating Jackky Bhagnani; Source Confirms That They Are Just Good Friends
- Sports Ashes 2019, Headingley Test, Day 2 Highlights: Australia on course to retain the urn after humiliating pitiful England
- News How FM intends to make loans cheaper, spur economic activity?
- Technology Jio GigaFiber Effect: BSNL Now Offers One-Year Amazon Prime Membership For Rs. 399
- Lifestyle Krishna Janmashtami 2019: Dress Up Like A Diva In These Yellow-Hued Ethnic Outfits
- Finance China Announces New Tariffs On American Cars, Auto Parts
- Education ICMAI Result 2019: Direct Links And Steps To Check CMA Results 2019
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Most passenger vehicles in India are shipped from factories to different destinations across the country via long-haul specially-manufactured trucks. The other method of delivery is driving them to respective locations, but this is not too common. Other countries, especially the United States, transport cars via special 'goods transfer' trains with a lot of coaches. One of these trains derailed near Caliente, Nevada, destroying dozens of Jeep SUVs and pick-up trucks.
We hear that at least 33 coaches of the train derailed at 9.00 AM on Wednesday, 10th July 2019 about 50 kilometers from the Utah-Nevada border. This information was confirmed by the Lincoln County Sheriff, Kerry Lee. The train was ferrying Jeep Gladiator pick-up trucks and Jeep Rubicon SUVs, a dozen of which have been destroyed in the accident.
According to Sheriff Lee, this was the most spectacular mess he has seen. He says he was amazed at the number of cars destroyed in the accident. The humongous accident resulted in County Road 4230 that runs from Elgin to Carp (both in Nevada) to completely shut down close until Thursday.
The Sheriff's Office said that the road will remain partially closed over the seven and ten days because of the construction equipment, train coaches and debris blocking the road. Sheriff Lee also said that the train was loaded with hazardous material and that the Sheriff's Office we relieved that none of the HAZ-MAT coaches derailed.
The HAZ-MAT coach (hazardous material) were only two coaches away from the derailed section of the train. The Sheriff said that had these coaches derailed, it could have been a serious environmental and personnel disaster. As is, there is no information about how the train derailed partially but the Union Pacific is investigating the cause of the derailment.
Thoughts About The Train Derailing And The Jeeps Damaged
We're saddened by this disaster and can't wrap our heads around the sheer number of vehicles lost. As is, we have not heard of any losses of life, thank god. We feel very much for the folks these Jeep vehicle were on their way to, and of course the company. That's quite a blow.
Very good show by the Lincoln County's Sheriff's Department. Had such an incident happened in India, the first thing that would have happened was a bunch of information screens would have gone missing. And we're sure we would have found one for a few thousands at the local thieves markets.