- 9 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 9 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 10 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 1 day ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- News Pakistan drops weapons, cash in J&K via drone; 3 terrorists arrested: Police
- Sports MS Dhoni New Beard Look in IPL 2020: Dhoni sports new beard but retains old magic, grabs two superb catches
- Movies Manoj Bajpayee And Others Help Out Vicky Donor Actor Bhupesh Pandya For Lung Cancer Treatment
- Technology Tecno Spark 6 Spotted At Multiple Online Platforms; Might Arrive Soon
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Gaurav Gupta's Show 'Name Is Love' Is About Discovering Brave Stories From Young India
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
The Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) issued a statement on Wednesday saying that the industry has witnessed a drop of 24.97 percent in sales of domestic cars. This statement comes at a time when the automotive industry in the country is facing it's biggest slow down ever.
Here are some figures that show how domestic car sales have gone down. In the domestic passenger vehicle segment, the (PV) sales have declined by 17.54 percent. The total units sold were 2,25,732 in June this year whereas 2,73,748 units were recorded last year.
Domestic car sales were down by 24.97 percent and the units recorded were 1,39,628 as against 1,83,885 units in June 2018. This data has been given out by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) on Wednesday. Moreover, the two-wheeler sales were also affected last month where the sales declined by 9.57 percent and the units sold were 10,84,598 as against 11,99,332 units sold last year.
The total two-wheeler sales in June 2019 declined by 11.69 percent and 16,49,477 units were sold compared to 18,67,884 units in 2018. The commercial vehicle sales also went down by 12.27 percent and the units recorded were 70,771 in June 2019 against 80,670 units in the same period a year ago. All this data was given out by the SIAM.
Sales of the vehicles across categories registered a downfall of 12.34 percent to 19,97,952 units in June 2019 from 22,79,186 units in June 2018, it added. In fact, all the vehicle categories witnessed a downfall as far as the sales figures go.
Also, in the month of April and June 2019 PV sales declined 18.42 percent to 7,12,620 units compared with 8,73,490 units in 2018. Vehicle sales across all the categories witnessed a drop of 12.35 percent resulting in 60,85,406 units sold in the April-June 2019 against 69,42,742 units in the same period of last year.
Thoughts On The Domestic Car Sales Decline
The Indian car market has really witnessed a downfall as far as the sales go. Manufacturers are launching new vehicles every now and then and also new manufacturers are entering the market. We hope that this situation resolves soon and all the manufacturers are doing best of what they can.