- 2 hrs ago Want Official Accessories For You Renault Duster: Full List And Details
- 8 hrs ago Revolt RV 400 Launch Date Confirmed — India’s First AI-Enabled Electric Motorcycle Is Almost Here!
- 10 hrs ago Jawa 42 Galactic Green Colour Denied Registration: RTO Explains Why
- 13 hrs ago CF Moto Launch Four New Motorcycles In India — Prices Start At Rs 2.29 Lakh
- News Ready to face arrest: Priyanka Gandhi ups ante against UP govt over Sonbhadra incident
- Movies Nach Baliye 9 Grand Premiere: Fans Loved The FIRST Episode; #BhaiOnNachBaliye9 Trends On Twitter!
- Technology Hotstar Leads Entertainment Apps Installations: Study
- Sports PKL 2019: Telugu Titans host U Mumba in Season 7 curtain-raiser
- Finance Reliance Industries Net Rises; Jio Profits Grow
- Lifestyle Kylie Jenner And BFF Anastasia Karanikolaou Give Us Insta-Perfect Party Fashion Moments
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
The Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) issued a statement on Wednesday saying that the industry has witnessed a drop of 24.97 percent in sales of domestic cars. This statement comes at a time when the automotive industry in the country is facing it's biggest slow down ever.
Here are some figures that show how domestic car sales have gone down. In the domestic passenger vehicle segment, the (PV) sales have declined by 17.54 percent. The total units sold were 2,25,732 in June this year whereas 2,73,748 units were recorded last year.
Domestic car sales were down by 24.97 percent and the units recorded were 1,39,628 as against 1,83,885 units in June 2018. This data has been given out by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) on Wednesday. Moreover, the two-wheeler sales were also affected last month where the sales declined by 9.57 percent and the units sold were 10,84,598 as against 11,99,332 units sold last year.
The total two-wheeler sales in June 2019 declined by 11.69 percent and 16,49,477 units were sold compared to 18,67,884 units in 2018. The commercial vehicle sales also went down by 12.27 percent and the units recorded were 70,771 in June 2019 against 80,670 units in the same period a year ago. All this data was given out by the SIAM.
Sales of the vehicles across categories registered a downfall of 12.34 percent to 19,97,952 units in June 2019 from 22,79,186 units in June 2018, it added. In fact, all the vehicle categories witnessed a downfall as far as the sales figures go.
Also, in the month of April and June 2019 PV sales declined 18.42 percent to 7,12,620 units compared with 8,73,490 units in 2018. Vehicle sales across all the categories witnessed a drop of 12.35 percent resulting in 60,85,406 units sold in the April-June 2019 against 69,42,742 units in the same period of last year.
Thoughts On The Domestic Car Sales Decline
The Indian car market has really witnessed a downfall as far as the sales go. Manufacturers are launching new vehicles every now and then and also new manufacturers are entering the market. We hope that this situation resolves soon and all the manufacturers are doing best of what they can.