- 10 min ago Revolt RV 400 Launch Date Confirmed — India’s First AI-Enabled Electric Motorcycle Is Almost Here!
- 2 hrs ago Jawa 42 Galactic Green Colour Denied Registration: RTO Explains Why
- 5 hrs ago CF Moto Launch Four New Motorcycles In India — Prices Start At Rs 2.29 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago 2020 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Images Leaked — Receives Updated Styling & Features
- News Scarlett Keeling murder case: Samson Dsouza sentenced to 10 years of rigorous imprisonment
- Movies Aadai Release: Amala Paul Waives Off Salary For The Film!
- Finance Subsidy On EVs Will Be Offered For Commercial Vehicles Only: Govt
- Lifestyle YRF's Face App Tweet Reminds Us Of Preity Zinta's Gorgeous Suits In Veer Zaara
- Technology Asus ROG Phone 2 Gets TENNA Certification Ahead Of July 23 Launch
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
- Sports MS Dhoni retirement: This is what Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir have to say
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
Volkswagen has unveiled the new India-bound Passat at 2019 Detroit Auto Show. This is the first major update to the mid-size sedan from Volkswagen, ever since it was introduced back in 2011. Even though the styling has gone through a total revamp, it is based on the same platform as the current model.
"Passat is the only mid-size sedan to offer German driving dynamics at an affordable price and has long resonated with buyers for its combination of comfort, reliability and driving dynamics," said Scott Keogh, the CEO of Volkswagen North America.
"With the new model, we've stepped up the style factor and upgraded the technology to make it even more attractive, " he further added.
The chrome front grille, LED lighting clusters, distinct roofline and dynamic bumpers give the new Volkswagen Passat, a bold look. The sedan runs on 18-inch alloy wheels while 19-inchers are optional (in the US market).
On the equipment front, the Passat offers Volkswagen's latest MIB II Composition Media infotainment system which supports navigation, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and MirrorLink. Heated and cooled front seats, memory option for the driver seat, dual-zone climate control and heated ORVMs are also part of the package.
The new Passat brings some essential driving assists as well. This includes cornering lamps, Forward Collision Warning, Autonomous Emergency Braking, Pedestrian Monitoring, Blind Spot Monitor, Adaptive Cruise Control, etc.
The latest Volkswagen Passat is powered by a 2.0-litre turbocharged TSi petrol engine which makes 174bhp and 280Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a six-speed DSG automatic transmission. The Indian version will probably get only the 2.0-litre TDi diesel engine; which in its current state, generates 175bhp and 350Nm of torque.
Thoughts On The New India-Bound Volkswagen Passat
The new Volkswagen Passat will reach Indian shores sometime in early-2020 and will be a strong rival to the Skoda Superb and Toyota Camry. As for the US market, the sedan has always been a success story. Expected prices are in the range of Rs 35 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). What do you think of the new Passat?