TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kulbhushan Jadhav Case At ICJ: Proceedings Adjourned Till Tomorrow
- Mahindra XUV300 Vs Maruti Vitara Brezza — A Detailed Comparison
- Formula One 2019: Nico +Rosberg Most Excited About Vettel-Leclerc Partnership In 2019, Says It Will Be 'Super Fun'
- Airtel Reintroduces Two Prepaid Recharge Plans For Its Subscribers
- Are Exchange Traded Funds ETF Suitable For Your Investment Portfolio?
- Kamalpur — The Long Lost Love Affair Of North-East India
- Alia Bhatt Reveals When She Will Marry Ranbir!
- Anushka Sharma's Street-style Outfit Is Our Latest OOTD
Volkswagen has unveiled the new India-bound Passat at 2019 Detroit Auto Show. This is the first major update to the mid-size sedan from Volkswagen, ever since it was introduced back in 2011. Even though the styling has gone through a total revamp, it is based on the same platform as the current model.
"Passat is the only mid-size sedan to offer German driving dynamics at an affordable price and has long resonated with buyers for its combination of comfort, reliability and driving dynamics," said Scott Keogh, the CEO of Volkswagen North America.
"With the new model, we've stepped up the style factor and upgraded the technology to make it even more attractive, " he further added.
The chrome front grille, LED lighting clusters, distinct roofline and dynamic bumpers give the new Volkswagen Passat, a bold look. The sedan runs on 18-inch alloy wheels while 19-inchers are optional (in the US market).
On the equipment front, the Passat offers Volkswagen's latest MIB II Composition Media infotainment system which supports navigation, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and MirrorLink. Heated and cooled front seats, memory option for the driver seat, dual-zone climate control and heated ORVMs are also part of the package.
The new Passat brings some essential driving assists as well. This includes cornering lamps, Forward Collision Warning, Autonomous Emergency Braking, Pedestrian Monitoring, Blind Spot Monitor, Adaptive Cruise Control, etc.
The latest Volkswagen Passat is powered by a 2.0-litre turbocharged TSi petrol engine which makes 174bhp and 280Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a six-speed DSG automatic transmission. The Indian version will probably get only the 2.0-litre TDi diesel engine; which in its current state, generates 175bhp and 350Nm of torque.
Thoughts On The New India-Bound Volkswagen Passat
The new Volkswagen Passat will reach Indian shores sometime in early-2020 and will be a strong rival to the Skoda Superb and Toyota Camry. As for the US market, the sedan has always been a success story. Expected prices are in the range of Rs 35 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). What do you think of the new Passat?