- 10 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production of The Thar With The Special Edition Thar 700: A Tribute Video
- 10 hrs ago India To Receive Almost 50 New Vehicles By March 2020 — Here Is The list!
- 11 hrs ago Osmania University Students Build Formula Race Car From Scratch — Powered By A 390cc Engine?
- 11 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra Thar Hardtop Spotted: Spy Pics And Details
- Movies iSmart Shankar Box Office Collections Day 3: A Terrific Day For The Ram Pothineni Starrer!
- News Heart filled with grief: Sonia Gandhi's emotional letter to Dikshit's son
- Sports PKL 2019: Bengaluru Bulls begin title defence with win over Patna Pirates
- Technology TRAI Seeks Views On KYC Of DTH Set-Top Boxes
- Finance HDFC Bank Q1 Profit Jumps 21%; Announces Interim Dividend And Share Split
- Education ICSI CS Foundation June Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On This Date
- Lifestyle Mahira Khan Makes Us Want To Attend A Wedding Right Now With Her Breathtaking Sari
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
The new Toyota GR Supra has been finally unveiled at 2019 Detroit Auto Show. After months of waiting, the new Supra is available to the world in two formats: base 3:0-litre and top-spec 3.0-litre A90 edition; priced at 52,695 pounds and 56,945 pounds, respectively. Deliveries will start in March 2019.
Toyota refers to the GR (Gazoo Racing) Supra as "a sportscar in its purest form", making "no compromise that would diminish the driving experience". The new Supra was accidentally teased last week on Twitter by Toyota Mexico.
The design of the new Toyota Supra is derived from the GR Supra Racing concept, revealed last year at Geneva Motor Show. Except for the large wing and extended proportions, the new GR Supra looks quite similar to the Gazoo Racing concept.
Just like its predecessors, the new Toyota Supra features a long bonnet and a double-bubble roof. The design is aesthetically pleasing while also being functional enough to achieve the best driving dynamics. The GR Supra boasts of a 50:50 weight distribution.
However, the most important fact about the car is its platform. The new Toyota GR Supra is almost identical to the latest-generation BMW Z4 convertible. The powertrain is somewhat the same and there is a lot of BMW components on the inside as well.
The all-new Toyota Supra comes with a 3.0-litre turbocharged straight-six engine, mated to an eight-speed ZF automatic transmission. Sadly, there is no manual option. 0-100km/h sprint takes 4.3 seconds while top speed is electronically limited to 250km/h.
The active rear differential and a dedicated ECU is also part of the package. The car was extensively tested around the legendary racetrack, Nürburgring. The new Supra has "the most agile, stable and rewarding handling," says the Japanese automaker.
Only 90 units of the Toyota GR Supra A90 Edition will be made. The A90 models are finished in Matte Storm Grey and ride on black 19-inch wheels. The red leather seats further add to the overall visual appeal.
Thoughts On The New Toyota GR Supra
The previous A80 Toyota Supra is one of the most iconic JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) sportscars ever made. For the same reason, the automotive community was awaiting the launch of its successor, for almost 17 years. There are some examples of the A80 Supra in India too. Regarding an Indian debut, no official statements have been made yet.