- 26 min ago Revolt RV 400 Launch Date Confirmed — India’s First AI-Enabled Electric Motorcycle Is Almost Here!
- 3 hrs ago Jawa 42 Galactic Green Colour Denied Registration: RTO Explains Why
- 5 hrs ago CF Moto Launch Four New Motorcycles In India — Prices Start At Rs 2.29 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago 2020 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Images Leaked — Receives Updated Styling & Features
- Movies Aadai Controversy: Police Case Filed Against Amala Paul For This Reason
- News Bengaluru to stay without Cauvery water supply on July 21 & 22
- Sports Comparing India’s World Cup performances in 2010s and 1990s: It’s chalk and cheese
- Finance Subsidy On EVs Will Be Offered For Commercial Vehicles Only: Govt
- Lifestyle YRF's Face App Tweet Reminds Us Of Preity Zinta's Gorgeous Suits In Veer Zaara
- Technology Asus ROG Phone 2 Gets TENNA Certification Ahead Of July 23 Launch
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
Lexus has officially unveiled the new RC F and its 'aerodynamically-enhanced' sibling, the RC F Track Edition at Detroit Auto Show 2019. Compared to the previous model, the new Lexus RC F comes with a host of visual and mechanical updates to bump up the performance.
On the design front, the changes are rather subtle to an untrained eye. Still, the headlamp and tail lamp clusters have been redesigned while the bumpers showcase an aggressive stance. The RC F Track Edition has got an even 'meaner' styling with its carbon-fibre wing and front splitter.
The Lexus RC F Track Edition is essentially a lighter and stiffer version of the standard model, with "the ability to impress on the track and off".
Lexus also shares that the new RC F is much lighter than before, thanks to the hollow half-shafts (connects the differential to the wheels), smaller intake system and air-conditioning compressor unit. Furthermore, the aluminium suspension components, stiffer bushes and steering rack mounts; and the model-specific Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres have contributed a lot to the RC F's driving dynamics.
Regarding specifications, the existing 5.0-litre naturally-aspirated V8 now features extensive modifications to the intake system. For the same reason, power figures have gone up to 451bhp and 521Nm of torque. The engine is mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission. The new Lexus RC F can do a 0-100km/h acceleration run in 4.5 seconds.
The RC F Track Edition was developed taking inputs from Lexus's Super GT and IMSA racing teams. Compared to the standard model, the Track Edition offers an additional 26kg of downforce and an impressive weight reduction of 70kg. If the optional carbon ceramic brakes are installed, another 10kg will be lost.
The Track Edition will be available only in white or an exclusive matte grey finish. Red-themed interiors, plus enough carbon and Alcantara will also come part of the package.
Thoughts On The New Lexus RC-F
The outgoing Lexus RC F couldn't see much success in the market dominated by the likes of the BMW M4, Audi RS5, Jaguar F-Type S and Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG. Hopefully, the revamped new-generation Lexus RC F will make a strong comeback and make a statement as the iconic LFA did.