- 19 min ago DSK Owned Benelli & Hyosung Motorcycles Up For Grabs – Will Be Available Through Online Auction Only
- 37 min ago Top-Selling Scooters In India For June 2019 — Honda Activa Continues To Remain Unbeatable
- 40 min ago Rs 9 Lakh For A Scooter? Honda Forza 300 Premium Maxi-Scooter To Be Launched In India
- 3 hrs ago Hyundai Organizes Mega Experience Service Camp In India — Existing Customers Get Educated
- Lifestyle Maneka Gandhi Reveals Her Cotton Sari Was Woven By Pandit Nehru In Jail
- Movies Pailwaan Revised Release Date Afloat On Internet; Here's When The Sudeep Starrer Will Grace Theatres
- Sports England cricketers to sport names, numbers on Test jerseys: This is how Twitterati react to change in tradition
- Technology Apple Might Acquire Intel's 5G Modem Business As Early As Next Week
- News Centre has rejects proposal to grant statehood to Puducherry
- Finance 4 Best Small Cap Mutual Funds To Buy
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
Lexus reveals the LC Convertible Concept ahead of the 2019 Detroit Auto Show. The Lexus LC Convertible Concept is more closer to production than most other current concepts, and Lexus has sent out pictures of the same.
Lexus has described the LC Convertible Concept as a halo vehicle for the entire Lexus brand. Those are some strong words, as Lexus does produce of the best cars in the world. The very same words also give us a hint of what the LC Convertible has in store for us.
LC stands for Luxury Coupe, and is the top-spec coupe in the Lexus global line-up. The Lexus LC was first revealed at the 2016 North American International Auto Show otherwise known as the Detroit Auto Show.
This year, Lexus is back at the Detroit Auto Show with a convertible version of the LC and a few other new launches such as the 2019 RC-F and RC-F Track Edition. The design goal for the roadster was ‘ultimate beauty,' and at least from the pictures, it is safe to say that Lexus has already achieved this goal.
The Lexus LC Convertible Concept sports a similar design to that of the coupe, and is in many ways an evolution of the same. Up front is a large grille designed in signature Lexus style and at the centre is a large Lexus logo. It is flanked by the sharp and futuristic-looking headlamps.
At the side, the Lexus LC Convertible Concept has clean, bold lines and rides on 22-inch alloy wheels. It is a hard-top convertible, with the roof neatly folding into the trunk. The rear-end though looks neat and tidy with evocative smooth contours on the bootlid and a sharp LED tail-lamp.
The interiors too have been revealed and this is again developed on Lexus' customer-focused design. The seats will be custom-made according to each customer's preferences and the dashboard features a neat design overall. A TFT display takes central position on the dashboard.
The Lexus LC Coupe is powered by a 5.0-litre V8 engine with a maximum power output of 471bhp and a peak torque output of 398Nm.
A paddle-shifter controlled 10-speed direct-shift transmission drives the rear wheels. 0-100km/h is done in just 4.4seconds, and the coupe will go on to touch a top speed of around 270km/h. The Lexus LC Convertible too would come with the same drivetrain.
Thoughts On Lexus LC Convertible Concept
Lexus has several luxury products in its portfolio, but lacks a product in the convertible space. The LC Convertible will be Lexus' attempt to re-enter this segment and a space for themselves in this niche category. More details will come out this week.