- 9 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 10 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 11 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- Technology These Wireless Neckband Headphones In India Have Superior Battery Life
- Movies Saif Ali Khan Answers Whether His Son Ibrahim Ali Khan Will Enter Bollywood Soon; Read Up!
- News UK High Court rules in favour of Indian banks, asks Mallya to disclose assets
- Sports Mohammad Azharuddin urges MS Dhoni to play aggressively as long as he wishes plays for India
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
Datsun India has announced a price hike for its GO and GO+ offerings in the Indian market. The new prices will be updated on the website from the 1st April 2019. Both the new models, the GO hatchback and GO+ MPV will receive a hike of 4 percent in the market.
According to Datsun the reason behind the price hike is the rising input costs and several other economic factors. Talking about the Datsun price hike Hardeep Singh Brar, Director, Sales & Commercial, Nissan Motor India, stated:
"Datsun believes in offering accessible and value-for-money products powered by Japanese engineering. With rise in input costs and several economic factors, we are making a nominal price adjustment to our Datsun GO and GO+ models."
Datsun recently updated the GO and GO+ models in the Indian market. The Datsun GO hatchback is offered with a starting price of Rs 3.29 lakh while the GO+ MPV is priced at Rs 3.83 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Apart from the price hike, the top variants of the Datsun GO and GO+ come equipped with a host of features including a touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Datsun also offers segment-first features on the GO and GO+ such as LED DRLs and Vehicle Dynamic Control.
Both models are also powered by the same engine; a 1.2-litre three-cylinder petrol engine producing 67bhp and 104Nm of torque. The engine is further mated to a five-speed manual gearbox. We've driven the new 2018 Datsun Go — here is our detailed review.
Apart from Datsun, other manufacturers have also announced a similar price hike in the Indian market. These include companies like Tata Motors, Renault, Mahindra and Toyota; all of which have a similar hike of around 4 percent.
Thoughts On The Datsun Price Hike In India
Datsun, owned by Nissan is the latest manufacturer in the market, to announce a hike in their prices. The rising input costs, fluctuating markets and other economic factors, have forced many car makers in the country to increase prices from the coming month. Datsun will revise the prices of its two models in India on their website, starting from April 2019.