- 12 hrs ago Ford Endeavour Sport Launched In India: Priced At Rs 35.10 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Pro And 1100 Sport Pro Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 11.95 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Renault Increases The Price Of The Triber MPV Once Again: Here Are The New Prices
- 15 hrs ago Tesla Likely To Establish A Research Centre In Bengaluru: Read More To Find Out
- Sports MS Dhoni on lack of batting time: Haven’t batted for a long time, 14-day quarantine doesn’t help
- News India can promise to be Africa's most steadfast partner: Jaishankar
- Movies Suriya To Start Shooting For Pandiraj Project In January 2021?
- Technology OnePlus Nord Users Experiencing Random Factory Data Reset Issue: Report
- Finance Shapoorji Pallonji Group To Exit Tata Group
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Shantanu And Nikhil’s Collection Broadens The Prevailing Narrative Around Bridal Couture
- Education IIT Guwahati Convocation 2020: Prime Minister Narendra Modi Addresses Students Virtually
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Datsun India has launched the updated version of their GO and GO+ products in the Indian market. Both the models now come equipped with a new safety feature in the form of 'Vehicle Dynamic Control Technology' (VDC).
VDC or Vehicle Dynamic Control Technology is a segment-first safety feature on the Datsun GO and GO+. It goes in-line with the brand's commitment towards offering a world-class experience to the car owners.
The VDC technology uses sensors to monitor various parameters such as wheel speed, steering wheel position and lateral acceleration to offer electronic stability control. It also offers a safer driving experience with a system which responds to over or understeering of the car. The new Go and GO+ also comes with other safety features such as ABS with EBD, Brake Assist and Traction Control System.
Apart from the addition of the new safety feature, Datsun has also launched a new paint scheme for the GO hatchback - Vivid Blue. These are the only changes made to either of the models on sale in the country.
Both models, GO and GO+ are powered by the same 1.2-litre three-cylinder petrol engine. It produces 67bhp and 104Nm of torque and is mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard.
Hardeep Singh Brar, Director Sales and Commercial, Nissan India stated,
"Datsun is committed to transform customer experience with new and innovative products. Underscoring our focus on progressive mobility backed by safety, technology, style and convenience, the New Datsun GO and GO+ now comes with VDC so that the Datsun owner can drive with confidence."
Prices for both the Datsun GO hatchback and the GO+ MPV remain unchanged. The GO is available with a starting price of Rs 3.32 lakh and goes all the way up to Rs 5.02 lakh for the top-spec model. Similarly, the GO+ MPV also comes with a starting price of Rs 3.86 lakh while its top-spec variant is offered with a price tag of Rs 5.74 lakh. All Prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts On The Datsun GO And GO+ Update
The Datsun GO and GO+ update comes with a new safety feature called VDC. No other changes have been made. The Datsun GO continues to rival the likes of the Tata Tiago, Maruti WagonR and the likes. The Datsun GO+ MPV currently rivals the likes of the Maruti Ertiga and the upcoming Renault Triber MPV.