- 2 hrs ago Mahindra Alturas G4 BS-VI Spied Testing In India Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 3 hrs ago Bangalore Police To Use Traffic Fines In Improvement Of Infrastructure For Motorists In The City
- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny SUV Will Not Launch In India Anytime Soon: Here’s Why
- 5 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Launch Date Confirmed For India: Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- Technology Vivo True Wireless Earphone Announced: Specifications And Pricing
- News EPFO interest rates hiked, good news for 6 crore members
- Movies Sooraj Pancholi On Jiah Khan's Suicide: All That I Kept Thinking Was That I Lost Someone Who I Loved
- Lifestyle Funny Reasons That Only Mothers Can Give To Discipline Their Children
- Finance Gold And Silver Prices In India Relapse
- Sports Biriyani banned for Pak cricketers, but Kohli, Dhoni, Hardik follow stricter diet and fitness plan
- Education NIOS Admit Card Released For Class 10 And 12 Sep/Oct 2019 Board Exam
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Datsun India has launched the updated version of their GO and GO+ products in the Indian market. Both the models now come equipped with a new safety feature in the form of 'Vehicle Dynamic Control Technology' (VDC).
VDC or Vehicle Dynamic Control Technology is a segment-first safety feature on the Datsun GO and GO+. It goes in-line with the brand's commitment towards offering a world-class experience to the car owners.
The VDC technology uses sensors to monitor various parameters such as wheel speed, steering wheel position and lateral acceleration to offer electronic stability control. It also offers a safer driving experience with a system which responds to over or understeering of the car. The new Go and GO+ also comes with other safety features such as ABS with EBD, Brake Assist and Traction Control System.
Apart from the addition of the new safety feature, Datsun has also launched a new paint scheme for the GO hatchback - Vivid Blue. These are the only changes made to either of the models on sale in the country.
Both models, GO and GO+ are powered by the same 1.2-litre three-cylinder petrol engine. It produces 67bhp and 104Nm of torque and is mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard.
Hardeep Singh Brar, Director Sales and Commercial, Nissan India stated,
"Datsun is committed to transform customer experience with new and innovative products. Underscoring our focus on progressive mobility backed by safety, technology, style and convenience, the New Datsun GO and GO+ now comes with VDC so that the Datsun owner can drive with confidence."
Prices for both the Datsun GO hatchback and the GO+ MPV remain unchanged. The GO is available with a starting price of Rs 3.32 lakh and goes all the way up to Rs 5.02 lakh for the top-spec model. Similarly, the GO+ MPV also comes with a starting price of Rs 3.86 lakh while its top-spec variant is offered with a price tag of Rs 5.74 lakh. All Prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts On The Datsun GO And GO+ Update
The Datsun GO and GO+ update comes with a new safety feature called VDC. No other changes have been made. The Datsun GO continues to rival the likes of the Tata Tiago, Maruti WagonR and the likes. The Datsun GO+ MPV currently rivals the likes of the Maruti Ertiga and the upcoming Renault Triber MPV.