- 12 hrs ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago Tata Altroz Production-Spec Revealed: India Launch Scheduled For January 2020
- Movies Panipat Movie Review: A History Lesson That's Still Relevant In Today's Times!
- News HM Amit Shah reviews progress made in onion import that would cool prices
- Lifestyle World Soil Day 2019: Impact Of Soil On Your Health
- Sports Sports Minister felicitates Kho-Kho teams for winning gold in South Asian Games
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite, Note 10 Lite India Launch Likely Delayed
- Travel 8 Most Relaxing Beaches In India To Visit In December
- Finance P2P Lending Cap Raised To Rs 50 Lakh
- Education Indian Navy Day: 5 Amazing Facts Students Should Know
Chevrolet has introduced the iconic 2020 Corvette Stingray in the international market. It is the brand's first-ever production mid-engine Corvette. The company has said that the 2020 Stingray will offer more performance, better technology and luxury.
GM President Mark Reuss stated, "The Corvette has always represented the pinnacle of innovation and boundary-pushing at GM. The traditional front-engine vehicle reached its limits of performance, necessitating the new layout."
He also mentioned that "In terms of comfort and fun, it still looks and feels like a Corvette, but drives better than any vehicle in Corvette history. Customers are going to be thrilled with our focus on details and performance across the board."
The new mid-engine layout gives the 2020 Stingray gives the car an excellent weight distribution and keeping the rear hunkered down in a straight line and on the track. The driver is now positioned closer to the front axis, which is almost on top of the front wheel.
Despite the exterior changes the 2020 Stingray is still unmistakably a Corvette. The car is lean and muscular, with an athletic sculptural shape conveying a sense of motion and power from every angle.
Michael Simcoe, vice president of Global Design, General Motors stated: "As America's most iconic performance nameplate, redesigning the Corvette Stingray from the ground up presented the team a historic opportunity, something Chevrolet designers have desired for over 60 years."
Some of the highlights are a low profile headlamps designed with all-new projectors, hidden door, hood and hatch releases do not disrupt the sculpted design, large side air intakes and aerodynamic performance. Also, the car gets quad exhaust tips and dual-element LED taillamps with animated turn signals.
Powering the 2020 Stingray is Chevy's next-generation 6.2-litre, V-8 LT2 engine, which is the only naturally aspirated V-8 in the segment. It produces 460bhp and 630Nm of peak torque. The car catapults from 0 to 100km/h in just 3.7 seconds.
There is a Z51 Performance Package, which on installing the car will pump out 495bhp and 640Nm of torque. A 0 to 100 has been claimed to be under the three-second mark.
Thoughts On The 2020 Stingray Corvette
Chevrolet is such an amazing American brand and has launched the 2020 Stingray globally. However, we would like to see that car on the Indian shores because Ford also launched the Mustang here and it was a success.