TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Karkare A Martyr, Sadhvi Pragya’s Remark ‘Personal' — BJP
- IPL 2019: KKR vs RCB — Preview
- FAME II Requires Minimum 50 Per Cent Localization
- Ajay Devgn REACTS To Tanushree's Open Letter!
- How To Get Bharti AXA General Insurance For Two-Wheeler From Airtel
- How Safe Is Buying Digital Gold?
- Pooja Hegde & Aditi Rao In Dresses
- Rourkela: A Weekend Getaway
Chinese automaker BYD has unveiled the K12A, a 27-metre articulating bus. The BYD K12A is the world's longest ever pure electric bus and has a top speed of 70km/h and will be deployed in Colombia.
The pure electric BYD K12A bus sends power down to the road with the help of four-wheel-drive. Depending on the situation, the BYD K12A can switch between two-wheel-drive and four-wheel-drive.
BYD (Build Your Dreams) claims that the K12A is the first-ever electric bus in the world to be equipped with a distributed four-wheel-drive system, which it claims will help the articulating bus to respond to different terrains and also save up on its energy consumption as well.
The BYD K12A uses an aluminium alloy body and make use of a host of electric tech including the motors, batteries and the circuitry from the Chinese automaker. BYD claims that the K12A will work with Bogota's Transmilenio along with all other Bus Rapid Transport (BRT) systems across the world. The Chinese company claims that in its first year alone, the K12A will help cut down on 193 tonnes of CO2, which is the equivalent of planting 8,900 trees.