- 4 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 6 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 7 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 8 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- News CWC rejects Rahul Gandhi's offer to quit as Congress President
- Sports Hamilton beats out Bottas as Leclerc suffers Monaco nightmare
- Technology How to make your Android device safe for kids
- Movies Allu Arjun’s Takes A Decision That Might Leave His Fans Disappointed? Deets Inside!
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Lifestyle Methemoglobinemia: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Bugatti has taken the wraps off the La Voiture Noire, a one-off supercar that is the most expensive car ever sold. The Bugatti La Voiture Noire celebrates the brand's 110th anniversary and is powered by the same quad-turbo W16 engine that powers the Chiron.
The Bugatti La Voiture Noire (French for The Black Car) pays tribute to the 1936 Type 57 SC Atlantic that was lost during World War II, just before Nazi Germany invaded the French province of Alsace-Lorraine in 1939.
Only four SC Atlantic's were built by Jean Bugatti, the son of the marque's found Ettorio, and while the other three are still in existence and said to be worth a few hundred million euros each, the mystery of the missing Atlantic has puzzled the automotive world for over 80 years.
The La Voiture Noire has been sold to a Bugatti collector who purchased the car for €11 million (Rs 87.67 crore) pre-tax, which makes the one-off hypercar, the most expensive new car ever sold. However, unlike the Chiron on which it is based, the Bugatti La Voiture Noire has been tuned towards providing a more comfortable Grand Touring cruising, thanks to a completely reworked chassis.
The Bugatti La Voiture Noire draws power from the same quad-turbo 8.0-litre W16 that powers the Chiron. The massive engine cranks out 1,479bhp and 1,600Nm of torque which is sent to all four wheels via a 7-speed dual-clutch gearbox. The Bugatti La Voiture Noire pays tribute to its W16 at its rear end where it features six tailpipes that remind you of the Galibier concept. Bugatti has not revealed any details about the performance figures of the one-off La Voiture Noire.
Bugatti claims that the La Voiture Noire sports a handcrafted carbon-fibre body which is finished in deep gloss black. The French carmaker also claims that the long nose and C-Pillars of the new one-off are reminiscent of the ones found on the Type 57 SC Atlantic. Other distinct features include the centre line that runs from the bonnet all the way to the rear spoiler, along with the raked windscreen and covered up engine bay, the last of which hasn't been seen for quite a while now.