- 33 min ago Maruti XL6 Official Accessories Launched: Gets Roof Spoiler, Carpet Mats & More!
- 12 hrs ago Jawa Owners F’rust’rated With Quality Of Motorcycles: Is This The Beginning Of The End?
- 13 hrs ago KTM Put Rumors To Rest By Shipping Duke 790s To Dealerships Across The Country
- 16 hrs ago Will BS-IV Vehicles Purchased Till March 2020 Remain Operational: Here's The Government's Decision
- News Article 370 gone: EC gets set to undertake delimitation in J&K
- Movies Nick Jonas Has An EPIC REACTION On Being Compared To Govinda; Check It Out Here!
- Sports PKL 2019: Preview: Jaipur Pink Panthers face rejuvenated Telugu Titans
- Finance EPFO To Notify 8.65% Interest Rate On PF For FY 2018-19 Next Week
- Technology How To Change Fonts On WhatsApp Messages - All You Need To Know
- Lifestyle Mr World 2019: Mr England Jack Heslewood Wins The Title
- Education ICMAI Result 2019: Direct Links And Steps To Check CMA Results 2019
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Bugatti has taken the wraps off the La Voiture Noire, a one-off supercar that is the most expensive car ever sold. The Bugatti La Voiture Noire celebrates the brand's 110th anniversary and is powered by the same quad-turbo W16 engine that powers the Chiron.
The Bugatti La Voiture Noire (French for The Black Car) pays tribute to the 1936 Type 57 SC Atlantic that was lost during World War II, just before Nazi Germany invaded the French province of Alsace-Lorraine in 1939.
Only four SC Atlantic's were built by Jean Bugatti, the son of the marque's found Ettorio, and while the other three are still in existence and said to be worth a few hundred million euros each, the mystery of the missing Atlantic has puzzled the automotive world for over 80 years.
The La Voiture Noire has been sold to a Bugatti collector who purchased the car for €11 million (Rs 87.67 crore) pre-tax, which makes the one-off hypercar, the most expensive new car ever sold. However, unlike the Chiron on which it is based, the Bugatti La Voiture Noire has been tuned towards providing a more comfortable Grand Touring cruising, thanks to a completely reworked chassis.
The Bugatti La Voiture Noire draws power from the same quad-turbo 8.0-litre W16 that powers the Chiron. The massive engine cranks out 1,479bhp and 1,600Nm of torque which is sent to all four wheels via a 7-speed dual-clutch gearbox. The Bugatti La Voiture Noire pays tribute to its W16 at its rear end where it features six tailpipes that remind you of the Galibier concept. Bugatti has not revealed any details about the performance figures of the one-off La Voiture Noire.
Bugatti claims that the La Voiture Noire sports a handcrafted carbon-fibre body which is finished in deep gloss black. The French carmaker also claims that the long nose and C-Pillars of the new one-off are reminiscent of the ones found on the Type 57 SC Atlantic. Other distinct features include the centre line that runs from the bonnet all the way to the rear spoiler, along with the raked windscreen and covered up engine bay, the last of which hasn't been seen for quite a while now.